View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:55 pm

← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Long term puzzler rankings 

Posted on: Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:52 am

Post Long term puzzler rankings
Has something gone wrong with the long term puzzler rankings? I had a look at them a few days ago and there were quite a few zeroes appearing in the current streak column among those at the top of the list. Then the numbers seemed to be frozen for a few days.

And my streak is shown is 1936 days, whereas I have only been a member for 1926 days. I’m not the only person with a similar anomaly. The person topping the ranking is shown as having a streak that is 14 days longer than his total membership. I would guess there may be others.

Posted on: Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:07 am

Post Re: Long term puzzler rankings
thanks, will check it out..

edit:

for reference, the rankings link: https://www.calcudoku.org/ops/consec_rankings/en

How many zeros do you see?

This is the top 35 as it looks now from here:

A manual count of the days since you signed up does give 1926, I'll look into that too.

Posted on: Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:28 pm

Thanks Patrick. It was a while since I’d looked at the long term puzzler rankings and I was surprised to see four zeroes among those ranked above me (I’m 21st). Maybe they were there all along, apart from Beaker, who I now see is back after missing a few days. Hope everything is OK with you, Beaker.

Regarding the total days anomaly, I went through the list and could only find three examples in total - me, sjs34 and bertoldo.

Posted on: Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:08 am

Thanks .......just spent the last week being saved from dying.....had I not been taken to hospital in ambulance, blood tests done.......doctor on duty after getting back results said if I had checked in 2 days later, I would have died [crying]......I should have mentioned why I put this in and that was because my daily streak ended which is really something to be [mad] about!!!

Last edited by beaker on Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted on: Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:02 am

I’m really sorry to hear that beaker, but glad that you pulled though. Very scary thing to have to deal with. I hope you’re fully recovered from your ordeal.

Posted on: Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:33 am

First and foremost: Glad to hear you pulled through beaker. These are nasty things to deal with. Hope you are well.

Did not know these rankings even existed. And I see that it has been nearly 4 years since I was hospitalised with severe food poisoning :D

Posted on: Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:18 pm

I am very happy to see the return of Beaker.
Welcome Back

Last edited by eclipsegirl on Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted on: Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:38 pm

beaker wrote:
Thanks .......just spent the last week being saved from dying.....had I not been taken to hospital in ambulance, blood tests done.......doctor on duty after getting back results said if I had checked in 2 days later, I would have died [crying]

Ufff!, fortunately all went well [thumbsup], health is the first priority. Welcome back to Calcudokus.
Best.

Posted on: Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:45 pm

[scared] [scared] [scared] Hi, beaker - I'm really sorry you had to go through all of that! I wish you a speedy recovery and good health.

skeeter84

Posted on: Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:14 pm

Best wishes to you, beaker [smile]

As for the broken streak, you can still pride yourself on being one of only three puzzlers so far to have had a perfect "attendance record" for more than ten years [woot]

I hope you're going to enjoy the liberating aspect of no longer "needing" to maintain the streak: no pressure to remember the daily "check-in" whatever the circumstances or to ensure constant access to a working internet connection even when on holiday or celebrating a great occasion (such as your recovery from this medical scare) with family and friends [thumbup]

Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next