View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:31 am

← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Green Bar indicating a puzzle has been completed 

Posted on: Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:07 am

Post Green Bar indicating a puzzle has been completed
I started on the Wed July 14 2021 puzzles a few minutes after the 24 reset. Several puzzles, but not all, had the the green bar showing when I just started.
I refreshed and the green bars remained.
I am not prevented from completing these puzzles but it is odd and distracting.

ETA: As I completed b[uzzles without the green bar, the bar did not appear. It confused me as to what was completed and what was not.
If I reloaded puzzle I thought I had completed, but had no green bar, I did get the statement(s), with the word(s) in red that stated I had previously solved the puzzle. I am grateful that is still working.

Posted on: Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:15 am

Post Re: Green Bar indicating a puzzle has been completed
I just began for the day. All 4x4s, the 5x5 easy, the 6x6, the 8x8, the killer and the sudoku medium were all green prior to starting.

Also, today's daily point total appears to be being added on to yesterday's.

Posted on: Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:22 am

It seems something went wrong with the daily recompute / reset, will investigate..

edit: for some reason the job that does this (between midnight and 1 minute past) did not run.

I ran it manually just now. The green "solved indicators" may still be off today.

Posted on: Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:59 am

I had noticed this issue earlier as well. Which is why I rushed to do the Killer and the Sudoku, so that I would not accidentally forget about them, since users don't get "go to the next puzzle" for those.

It might be an idea to adjust the script so that it detects whether a puzzle has been done for the day, then telling it to turn the indicator green on the bar. Obviously this is more resource intensive, but for situations like today, such a script might help users avoid confusion.

Right now my puzzles done indicators really look off, but as far as I can tell I have done all the puzzles. Hope I am not mistaken - would be a shame to ruin my yearly streak on such a glitch.

Posted on: Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:11 am

ddarthez wrote:
It might be an idea to adjust the script so that it detects whether a puzzle has been done for the day, then telling it to turn the indicator green on the bar. Obviously this is more resource intensive, but for situations like today, such a script might help users avoid confusion.

Yes, at the time I changed it so a separate log was kept of puzzles solved that day,
which is cleared at the start of each day. This is _much_ more efficient than
checking this at every page load.. (which is how it was done before).

Posted on: Sat Oct 01, 2022 11:44 pm

Not sure if it's the same issue or not, but:
1. I solved today's Easy 4×4 immediately after midnight.
2. The result “could not be submitted after three attempts”. The problem seems to be on the server side: isup.me considered the site to be down.
3. Some time later, I reloaded the page, and it displayed the “already solved” warning. However, the status bar remained white (no checkmark in the drop-down list of the mobile version either).
4. When I re-enter the digits, the puzzle gets resubmitted (“you've solved this puzzle before” etc), and its status bar temporarily turns green, but once the page is reloaded, it's white again.

I assume that the puzzle counts as done (at least it shows up in my history), so it's the status bar that is glitchy.

(Yes, I know the issue will expire in 20 minutes [biggrin])

Profile WWW

Posted on: Sun Oct 02, 2022 12:02 pm

ambidexter wrote:
Not sure if it's the same issue or not, but:
1. I solved today's Easy 4×4 immediately after midnight.
2. The result “could not be submitted after three attempts”. The problem seems to be on the server side: isup.me considered the site to be down.

There was a short period of unusual high load on the server last night, I don't know yet why this happened.

This caused a few dozen database operations to time out [mad]

Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]