View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:15 pm

← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Bonus Puzzle Problem 

Posted on: Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:01 pm

Post Re: Bonus Puzzle Problem
clm wrote:
Unfortunately I have finally lost the bonus puzzle qualified at 120123 (I could not wait, or stop, longer, otherwise I would have lost my "consecutive gold stars record" :-), I have been waiting until around 23:00 CET to send all prepared solutions (but the bonus was not appearing). However as soon as I have overpassed the 120373 limit the bonus puzzle qualified for this amount has worked correctly, many thanks, and stablishing the next target at 120623 as it is normal.

Ok, I set your new bonus puzzle target to your current total + 1 to somewhat make up for this... [cool]

Posted on: Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:25 pm

pnm wrote:
clm wrote:
Unfortunately I have finally lost the bonus puzzle qualified at 120123 (I could not wait, or stop, longer, otherwise I would have lost my "consecutive gold stars record" :-), I have been waiting until around 23:00 CET to send all prepared solutions (but the bonus was not appearing). However as soon as I have overpassed the 120373 limit the bonus puzzle qualified for this amount has worked correctly, many thanks, and stablishing the next target at 120623 as it is normal.

Ok, I set your new bonus puzzle target to your current total + 1 to somewhat make up for this... [cool]

Thank you very much, tonight I will spend this bonus.

Posted on: Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:30 pm

I'm not sure this qualifies as an error, but it's aesthetically displeasing to me: on today's 7x7 no-op, there are multiple solutions (e.g., a cage with 2, 4 could be - or :). Normally I think of uniqueness of solution as a feature of calcudoku/sudoku-type puzzles. Agree?

Posted on: Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:39 pm

ttrimble wrote:
I'm not sure this qualifies as an error, but it's aesthetically displeasing to me: on today's 7x7 no-op, there are multiple solutions (e.g., a cage with 2, 4 could be - or :). Normally I think of uniqueness of solution as a feature of calcudoku/sudoku-type puzzles. Agree?
If you got that puzzle as a bonus puzzle, it isn't necessarily visible to (all) other users. This old thread (which has a now-deprecated link to an image of a puzzle at the start) has a thorough and interesting discussion on whether "unicity of operators" should be required of no-op puzzles. I think it depends on whether you regard specific operators (and not just the unique arrangement of numbers that satisfies the numeric requirements, using any valid operators) as part of the solution proper, which I don't. (I agree with what starling and sneaklyfox are saying in the thread and have even argued in another thread that it shouldn't be required of users to fill in operators to get the correct arrangement of numbers in a no-op accepted as the solution.)
Anyway, all of this is somewhat off topic in the present thread, which is about problems with bonus puzzles as such (even if recent bonus puzzles generally tend to be no-ops). Feel free to post a new topic to revive the "unicity of operators" discussion, though ;-)

Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2