View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:29 am

← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 2-day & 3-day puzzles morphing into subscriber only puzzles 

Posted on: Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:10 am

Post 2-day & 3-day puzzles morphing into subscriber only puzzles
OK, I've had this happen with the 9x9 from Tuesday 30th May and the 12x12 from Sunday 4th June. I often print these puzzles off so I can work on them while my maths class is doing a test or working on some problems. However, after I completed these two puzzles, with still about 12 hours to go, I find that the puzzles have changed to subscriber only and I am unable to enter the solutions that I have spent a few hours working out!!! [sad] [mad] Please help!

And can we please have the ad removal button back? I am very quickly getting tired of working on puzzles that are highly distorted due to the ads taking up space. Furthermore when using the pencil button to enter possible values, the text box overlaps the adjacent box on the puzzle when the ads are showing, making it more difficult to enter values into that box.

You don't have anything else to do, do you?? :-)

Posted on: Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:20 am

Post Re: 2-day & 3-day puzzles morphing into subscriber only puzz
ric3142 wrote:
OK, I've had this happen with the 9x9 from Tuesday 30th May and the 12x12 from Sunday 4th June. I often print these puzzles off so I can work on them while my maths class is doing a test or working on some problems. However, after I completed these two puzzles, with still about 12 hours to go, I find that the puzzles have changed to subscriber only and I am unable to enter the solutions that I have spent a few hours working out!!! [sad] [mad] Please help!

Good point. I realize that given the formula used to compute which puzzles are "subscriber only" puzzles on a given day,
it can happen that the 2/3 day puzzles change from one day to the other. Will see if I can fix this.

rlc3142 wrote:
And can we please have the ad removal button back? I am very quickly getting tired of working on puzzles that are highly distorted due to the ads taking up space.

The problem is that I'm actually not allowed to provide this feature (removal of ads) [mellow]

Patrick

Posted on: Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:48 am

Quote:
The problem is that I'm actually not allowed to provide this feature (removal of ads) [mellow]

Well can you put the ads beneath the puzzles so there is adequate space to the sides for the larger puzzles to fit? I use an older 4:3 screen not a widescreen. The larger puzzles are close to being unplayable when they are distorted into a tall, narrow rectangle. Placing the number and other buttons under the game doesn't help with the larger puzzles as it is then necessary to scroll up and down quite a bit. The distortion etc then make it difficult to get decent times, further reducing enjoyment of solving the puzzles. [sad]

Posted on: Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:54 am

Yes, that's maybe an idea, to put the ad above the puzzle for larger puzzles
(it would probably have to change into a banner ad then)

Posted on: Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:29 pm

ric3142 wrote:
..., I find that the puzzles have changed to subscriber only and I am unable to enter the solutions that I have spent a few hours working out!!! [sad] [mad] Please help!

This should be fixed now. Really embarrassing bug where today's date was used to determine
which puzzles are subscriber only, instead of the date of the puzzle.. [blush]

Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]