View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:15 pm

← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 puzzles indicated they are done 

Posted on: Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:53 am

Post Re: puzzles indicated they are done
Here to. I also noticed that the "last 7 days" in the rankings seems to be counting the last 8 days.

Posted on: Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:29 am

ambidexter wrote:
pnm wrote:
The operation that clears your "points for today" and the list of puzzles you've solved failed [cursing]

I think this has just happened again.
I haven't solved today's Medium Sudoku yet, but it's green.
On the other hand, I've done Medium 7×7, but it's white.

It looks like all "recompute" jobs didn't run, so the recomputing of the weekly totals,
timed bonus points, etc.. [huh]

technical update:
What I thought was another "DDOS" attack a few days ago, turned out to have been an attempt to automatically
copy the site's content using a common website copying tool. It must have had a bug, or have been misconfigured,
because it was sending ~ half a million requests in a day (this from two rented Amazon "AWS" servers).

I added code to the site that blocks such programs, forgetting that my daily "recompute" scripts use one of them.. [glare]

One result is that the weekly totals become 8 day totals, for example.

I fixed it now, and the updaters are running. Your "solved today" markers may still be off, I'll see if I can fix that too.

Last edited by pnm on Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:43 am, edited 3 times in total.

Posted on: Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:34 am

Although the rankings might seem to count 8 days, that's not completely true.
I personally think that everybody has received an extra 41 points from those puzzles that are indicated as solved.
However, one still could make these puzzles and get the normal amount of points for them.
Therefore, all puzzlers now have more points (exactly those 41 points, I guess) than regularly, not only in the last 7 days, but also in the last 30 days, in the year to date and in the all time rankings.
One could regard this as a nice bonus.
It doesn't really matter because probably everyone received the same amount of extra points. Or has anybody received less 'bonus points'?

Posted on: Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:59 pm

When I check in this morning, there where no green bars to indicate what puzzles I had done last night.

But I could figure it out by clicking on the puzzles, and seeing If I got the notice that I had solved the puzzle.

ETA: The puzzles that I am completing today have a green bar to indicate the puzzle is completed.

Posted on: Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:53 pm

rafaelhoukes wrote:
Although the rankings might seem to count 8 days, that's not completely true.
I personally think that everybody has received an extra 41 points from those puzzles that are indicated as solved.
However, one still could make these puzzles and get the normal amount of points for them.
Therefore, all puzzlers now have more points (exactly those 41 points, I guess) than regularly, not only in the last 7 days, but also in the last 30 days, in the year to date and in the all time rankings.
One could regard this as a nice bonus.
It doesn't really matter because probably everyone received the same amount of extra points. Or has anybody received less 'bonus points'?

I don't think there has been any overstatement of overall scores. My overall total today is 69 higher than my overall total yesterday, which sounds spot on.

Posted on: Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:17 pm

I've also checked the year to date totals. There have been exactly 42 weeks so far this year. Regular puzzles are worth 385 points a week. Bonus puzzles are worth either 56 or 63 points, depending on the Saturday bonus. Total per two weeks is therefore 2 x 385 + 56 + 63 = 889. 889 x 42/2 = 18669, which is the overall total shown for those who have solved all the puzzles so far this year.

Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2