View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:28 pm

← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 12 August 2017 difficult killer sudoku 

Posted on: Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:47 pm

Post Re: 12 August 2017 difficult killer sudoku
Marble,
I am sorry your parents can't be convinced. I think it is something that should be on everyones bucket list.

I am traveling some 400 miles (6hrs + driving) to get to where we planned. We started planning two years ago.

There will be another eclipse in the US in 2024 (April 8) That one comes from the south, through Mexico, and TX, through southern Illionois , ohio, upstate NY, nothern Vermont, and Maine, and exits through Canada.

Maybe that one will work out for you?

Posted on: Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:43 pm

Funny coincidence that you are having this conversation right now. My son was telling me this morning about the (mis)adventures of Guillaume Le Gentil. If you think driving 400 miles is worthwhile, you should hear about what he did in order to witness a celestial event. https://www.google.ie/search?q=guillaum ... ent=safari

Posted on: Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:11 pm

Paul,
After reading that wiki article, I am grateful to be living in an age where I can to far off places far easier that M. Le Gentil.

It was an interesting read.

Thanks,
E - girl

Posted on: Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:40 am

eclipsegirl wrote:
Marble,
There will be another eclipse in the US in 2024 (April 8) That one comes from the south, through Mexico, and TX, through southern Illionois , ohio, upstate NY, nothern Vermont, and Maine, and exits through Canada.

Maybe that one will work out for you?

That one will certainly be closer... By then I might be able to convince them to a trip to Vermont [thumbsup] It certainly is on my bucket list for things to see in my life (other than every volcano in the world [glare] )

Posted on: Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:48 am

Marble,
There are lots of volcanoes if you include dormant ones. Dormant ones do become active. Going around the ring of fire would be cool. Will you include underwater volcanoes?

I think its great to have that goal. Eclipses really did minimize the discussion when we had saved the money to take a trip.

7 yrs from now, I believe you will be semi independent. You will be in higher education, at a university or college. Taking the time off, because could be an issue. It could be a time for a road trip? Or go to school in that area? Possibilities abound.

Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2