View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jan 23, 2021 12:31 pm



← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page




Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 Rankings by year 
Author Message

Posted on: Fri Jan 01, 2021 1:41 pm




Posts: 726
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:03 pm
Post Re: Rankings by year
Thanks Patrick.


Profile

Posted on: Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:45 pm




Posts: 61
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:51 pm
Post Re: Rankings by year
I suspect that people who submitted solutions to yesterday's 12x12 today after the "year to date" standings were reset by Patrick, got their points as if the puzzle belonged to 2021, rather than 2020.


Profile
User avatar

Posted on: Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:14 pm




Posts: 2788
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 11:58 pm
Post Re: Rankings by year
ddarthez wrote:
I suspect that people who submitted solutions to yesterday's 12x12 today after the "year to date" standings were reset by Patrick, got their points as if the puzzle belonged to 2021, rather than 2020.


Another "edge case" as they call it [scared]

If I'm not mistaken, the puzzle has to be a 2021 puzzle in order to be counted in the 2021 total.
(so yesterday's 12x12 won't be counted)


Profile

Posted on: Sat Jan 02, 2021 1:06 pm




Posts: 61
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:51 pm
Post Re: Rankings by year
They should not count for 2021.

But I can't really see how I could have missed puzzles yesterday or today (other than a sudoku I still have to do), and yet already missed out on 12 points as a non-subscriber. I am on 80 for the year now (will be 82 once the sudoku is submitted), yet the leader among non-subscribers has 94. And there are about 30 people with 82.

That probably also explains why there are just 2 subscribers with 127 points. Really don't think, after half a dozen subs did all the puzzles in a year (which is a massive achievement), that all barring 2 people would already have failed to submit at least one puzzle.


Profile

Posted on: Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:45 pm




Posts: 519
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:20 pm
Post Re: Rankings by year
How is there an off by 3 error?


Profile

Posted on: Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:56 pm




Posts: 726
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:03 pm
Post Re: Rankings by year
pnm wrote:
ddarthez wrote:
I suspect that people who submitted solutions to yesterday's 12x12 today after the "year to date" standings were reset by Patrick, got their points as if the puzzle belonged to 2021, rather than 2020.


Another "edge case" as they call it [scared]

If I'm not mistaken, the puzzle has to be a 2021 puzzle in order to be counted in the 2021 total.
(so yesterday's 12x12 won't be counted)


Hi Patrick

It looks as if some people are being credited with 12 points for the 31/12/2020 puzzle. I think you did the reset around midday on January 1st and anyone who had submitted the 12x12 before then had it excluded from this year's total. But anyone who submitted it subsequently has it included.

Regarding the person who has an 'extra' 3 points, I presume he/she has been awarded 12 points for the end December puzzle but has missed one of more of this year's puzzles (possibly Saturday's difficult Killer Sudoku?).


Profile
User avatar

Posted on: Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:51 pm




Posts: 2788
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 11:58 pm
Post Re: Rankings by year
paulv66 wrote:
It looks as if some people are being credited with 12 points for the 31/12/2020 puzzle. I think you did the reset around midday on January 1st and anyone who had submitted the 12x12 before then had it excluded from this year's total. But anyone who submitted it subsequently has it included.


Thanks, I should have thought of that [bored]

And yes, it looks like the "off by 3" error was a (+12 - 9) error.


Profile

Posted on: Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:08 pm




Posts: 519
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:20 pm
Post Re: Rankings by year
Thanks Paul and Patrick for explaining the off by 3 error.

Patrick,
Last year I think it took more than a week to reset.
Thank you for doing this as quickly as your did this year.

I think all of us who watch these rankings should applaud your efforts.

[namaste]


Profile

Posted on: Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:24 pm




Posts: 61
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:51 pm
Post Re: Rankings by year
eclipsegirl wrote:
I think all of us who watch these rankings should applaud your efforts.

[namaste]

I second that.


Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
All forum contents © Patrick Min, and by the post authors.

Forum software phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.