View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:37 pm

← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page

Reply to topic  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
 Rankings by year 

Posted on: Sat Jan 01, 2022 2:26 pm

Post Re: Rankings by year
paulv66 wrote:
Achievements have been reset, but year to date totals include last year’s figures (plus today’s total).

This is becoming a very long "catch all" thread .. [mellow]

For some reason the initialization of the year-to-date total failed this morning
(this should happen automatically during the totals recompute on January 1st).

I just did a manual initialization of the totals.

Did notice a strange username bug (?) in the rankings because of it:

Posted on: Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:23 pm

pnm wrote:
paulv66 wrote:
Achievements have been reset, but year to date totals include last year’s figures (plus today’s total).

This is becoming a very long "catch all" thread .. [mellow]

For some reason the initialization of the year-to-date total failed this morning
(this should happen automatically during the totals recompute on January 1st).

I just did a manual initialization of the totals.

Did notice a strange username bug (?) in the rankings because of it:

I think [no name] from Canada has been appearing on the listings for quite a while. I always wondered how this was possible.

Posted on: Sat Jan 01, 2022 7:36 pm

I think there might be a glitch in the roll forward from 2022. The listing shows one person as having scored 67 points, whereas only 61 points are available from today’s puzzles. Presumably the total includes either Friday’s 12x12 or yesterday’s difficult Killer (or possibly both).

Posted on: Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:44 am

paulv66 wrote:
I think there might be a glitch in the roll forward from 2022. The listing shows one person as having scored 67 points, whereas only 61 points are available from today’s puzzles. Presumably the total includes either Friday’s 12x12 or yesterday’s difficult Killer (or possibly both).

Which account is/was off?

(I only see a number of people with 123 points at the moment)

Posted on: Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:54 am

pnm wrote:
paulv66 wrote:

The problem seems to have been resolved. I think it was muis who was shown as having 67 points when I posted my comment yesterday. Later that day, there was someone with 73 or 74 points, but I can’t remember who it was. Anyway, it seems to be OK now.

Posted on: Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:04 pm

paulv66 wrote:
pnm wrote:
paulv66 wrote:

The problem seems to have been resolved. I think it was muis who was shown as having 67 points when I posted my comment yesterday. Later that day, there was someone with 73 or 74 points, but I can’t remember who it was. Anyway, it seems to be OK now.

Not yet fully resolved it seems. Some non-subs have scored more points than were available thus far in 2022 (for non-subs). Presumably due to puzzles from 2021 that could be submitted in 2022. As an aside, for Year-to-date rankings, would it not be the most sensible thing to require the puzzle being of a particular year to count for the year rankings? That way, you can maybe reduce the carry-over issue.

Posted on: Sun Jan 02, 2022 1:08 pm

ddarthez wrote:
Not yet fully resolved it seems. Some non-subs have scored more points than were available thus far in 2022 (for non-subs). Presumably due to puzzles from 2021 that could be submitted in 2022. As an aside, for Year-to-date rankings, would it not be the most sensible thing to require the puzzle being of a particular year to count for the year rankings? That way, you can maybe reduce the carry-over issue.

That check is supposed to be in there, but is maybe not working.

Also, as with paulv66's post: can you give an example of an account with the wrong total?
(instead of "some non-subs" [huh] )

Posted on: Sun Jan 02, 2022 8:10 pm

pnm wrote:
ddarthez wrote:

That check is supposed to be in there, but is maybe not working.

Also, as with paulv66's post: can you give an example of an account with the wrong total?
(instead of "some non-subs" [huh] )

54 asgorski Russia 100
54 timir3 Japan 100
61 gangan Japan 97
62 dik Netherlands 95
(as of Jan 2nd)
all have more points in the rankings than non-subs could have gotten. Sure, there might be a lapsed subscription in there (I can't check that). Nor can I check if others who have 88 points or less have had similar added points for puzzles that were made available in 2021. And there might be a few others that pop up even later today (when I posted my message there were 2. Now there are already 4).

Posted on: Sun Jan 02, 2022 10:01 pm

Thanks, this is helpful: the script that initializes the year-to-date scores does things correctly,
so after I did the manual clear and ran it, all was ok.

But the "solved admin" code doesn't exclude the case of the 12x12 of Thursday 30 Dec. 2021
being solved on January 1st, 2021...

will fix.. [blink]

edit: should be fixed now

Posted on: Mon Jan 01, 2024 9:24 am

The year to date totals need to be reset.

Reply to topic   [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next