View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:14 pm

← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 automatic solver 

Posted on: Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:35 am

Post automatic solver
I've been seeing this for several weeks. Every day "chip" solves all the puzzles in about 5 seconds. I thought it was something you had put in to check puzzles.

Posted on: Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:54 am

Post Re: Rankings by year
oldmathtchr wrote:
I've been seeing this for several weeks. Every day "chip" solves all the puzzles in about 5 seconds. I thought it was something you had put in to check puzzles.

Today his automatic solver failed on the difficult 7x7 though, submitting a solution with only the (given) 5 and 3 filled in,
and a number over 2 milliard (billion for those in the US) as a solution for every other cell.. [scared]

Posted on: Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:26 pm

pnm wrote:
oldmathtchr wrote:

Today his automatic solver failed on the difficult 7x7 though, submitting a solution with only the (given) 5 and 3 filled in,
and a number over 2 milliard (billion for those in the US) as a solution for every other cell.. [scared]

April Fools!

Posted on: Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:28 pm

pnm wrote:
oldmathtchr wrote:

Ha ha ha!
The problem must be the power in a 4 cell cage. An overflow occurs at bad programming.

Posted on: Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:04 pm

nicow wrote:
The problem must be the power in a 4 cell cage. An overflow occurs at bad programming.

I'm thinking the program exits without finding a solution.

The values submiited are actually MAXINT (so probably some initial "impossible" value)

Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]