View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:57 pm

← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 # of puzzles 

Posted on: Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:43 am

Post # of puzzles
Just passed 45000 puzzles today......never thought I would have been on this site long enough to solve 45014 puzzles [smile]

Posted on: Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:29 am

Post Re: # of puzzles
beaker wrote:
Just passed 45000 puzzles today......never thought I would have been on this site long enough to solve 45014 puzzles [smile]

Congrats !!! [thumbsup]

Posted on: Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:40 am

beaker wrote:

And, anyway, I am sure the timed puzzles only count once (that is, one attempt each, the one scoring points and shown in your "history"), so in fact you have solved a few thousand more.

Posted on: Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:09 pm

clm wrote:
beaker wrote:

And, anyway, I am sure the timed puzzles only count once (that is, one attempt each, the one scoring points and shown in your "history"), so in fact you have solved a few thousand more.

Well done beaker! [thumbsup]

Regarding the puzzle count, I did a little experiment just now. I solved a 4x4 timed and checked my puzzle count. Then I did a 5x5, followed by another 4x4. I checked my puzzle count each time and it went up by one on both occasions. Therefore, it would appear that each solved timed puzzle is added to your account, even if you solve more than one in a particular day.

Posted on: Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:41 am

paulv66 wrote:
Regarding the puzzle count, I did a little experiment just now. I solved a 4x4 timed and checked my puzzle count. Then I did a 5x5, followed by another 4x4. I checked my puzzle count each time and it went up by one on both occasions. Therefore, it would appear that each solved timed puzzle is added to your account, even if you solve more than one in a particular day.

Good idea, so the number of puzzles shown in the history represent the real number of solutions sent, thank you.

BTW, today I have 70,793 in my history (it depends on the available time but normally I try to use all attempts for timed puzzles, with success except when the connection is broken, ... [confused] ). Until Patrick "refreshes" these statistics I believe this number of 70,793 could be the maximum in the site (I had the maximum when the last "ranking" was published and I have been continuing sending "all" solutions including books :-) )

Posted on: Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:25 pm

Congrats, my friend

Your achievement made me check my number. I am not close to you.
But you do have 3 more years on this site than I do.,

Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]