View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:25 am

← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page

Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 bonus puzzle 

Posted on: Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:26 am

Post bonus puzzle
Just got congrats on solving my 800th bonus puzzle.......now for the next 200 [smile]

Posted on: Sun Jun 12, 2022 3:48 am

Post Re: bonus puzzle
Am not sure that I will get another 200[color=#004000] as the last[color=#BF0000]t[color=#004000] 6 bonus puzzles[/color] have been very hard and have [/color]not completed 2 of them[/color] [cursing].....

Ignore color as the whole post was to be colored and I obviously do not know what I am doing (in more ways than one)

Last edited by beaker on Mon Jun 13, 2022 3:04 am, edited 6 times in total.

Posted on: Sun Jun 12, 2022 8:09 am

beaker wrote:
Just got congrats on solving my 800th bonus puzzle.......now for the next 200 [smile]

nice
congrats

Posted on: Sun Jun 12, 2022 7:45 pm

Generally the bonus puzzles are not too difficult. But you get the occasional one that is quite tricky.

Question for Patrick. Does everyone get the same bonus puzzles in the same order or are they allocated randomly or using some kind of algorithm?

Posted on: Sun Jun 12, 2022 7:47 pm

beaker wrote:
Am not sure that I will get another 200 as the last 6 bonus puzzles have been very hard and have not completed 2 of them [cursing]

You must be somewhere in excess of 950 bonus puzzles at this stage beaker, so possibly reach 1000 by year end?

Posted on: Mon Jun 13, 2022 2:29 am

Kudos, beaker - I've only solved around 200-ish bonus puzzles as of this message.

skeeter84

Posted on: Mon Jun 13, 2022 10:18 am

paulv66 wrote:
Generally the bonus puzzles are not too difficult. But you get the occasional one that is quite tricky.

Question for Patrick. Does everyone get the same bonus puzzles in the same order or are they allocated randomly or using some kind of algorithm?

They are allocated randomly.

Every once in a while someone (well, clm really) gets close to exhausting the pool of bonus puzzles
(there are 1491 of them at the moment), and I add a couple of sets of 50 puzzles of different types
(& now trying to use only the ones beaker likes [lol] )

Posted on: Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:42 am

pnm wrote:
paulv66 wrote:

They are allocated randomly.

Every once in a while someone (well, clm really) gets close to exhausting the pool of bonus puzzles
(there are 1491 of them at the moment), and I add a couple of sets of 50 puzzles of different types
(& now trying to use only the ones beaker likes [lol] )

Thanks Patrick.

By the way, how can I tell how many bonus puzzles I’ve solved? Does it flash up when you solve a bonus puzzle?

Posted on: Mon Jun 13, 2022 1:03 pm

paulv66 wrote:
By the way, how can I tell how many bonus puzzles I’ve solved? Does it flash up when you solve a bonus puzzle?

Strangely enough, it shows up when you reach your bonus target [confused]

Also, I'm thinking it should show on your history page (the code for it is there), but doesn't seem to be,
will check..

edit: I see now that I disabled this because the database query for it was "expensive" (as the terminology goes).
I'll see if I can make it more efficient.

Posted on: Mon Jun 13, 2022 3:08 pm

pnm wrote:
paulv66 wrote:

Strangely enough, it shows up when you reach your bonus target [confused]

Also, I'm thinking it should show on your history page (the code for it is there), but doesn't seem to be,
will check..

edit: I see now that I disabled this because the database query for it was "expensive" (as the terminology goes).
I'll see if I can make it more efficient.

Does the number that comes up represent the number of bonus puzzles that have been made available to you, or the number that you have solved.

The reason iI ask is because I couldn’t figure out how to access the bonus puzzles when I first joined. Then I posted a query about it on the forum and you explained where to find them and you put an explanation on the website. But I think I missed the first ten or so puzzles because I couldn’t find them. I think I’ve solved all the ones that became available to me since then.

Reply to topic   [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next