View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:17 am

← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page

Reply to topic  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 16  Next
 Rankings by year 

Posted on: Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:21 pm

Post Re: Rankings by year
eclipsegirl wrote:
I would take it as a good sign. [thumbsup]

[thumbup]

Posted on: Thu Sep 30, 2021 1:06 am

I managed to miss out on another couple of puzzles yesterday. I had a busy, messy sort of day and realised with about 45 minutes to go that I had yet to complete yesterday’s killer and yesterday’s sudoku. So I got stuck into the killer, which I had already partly completed and kept getting close to completing it, but then finding I was stuck. I think panic set in and I stopped thinking clearly.

I’d be willing to bet that if I look at it tomorrow, I’ll solve it within a few minutes. Funny how the mind works at times, is it not?

As for the sudoku, I never even started it as I felt the 7 points for the killer were a more important target.

Posted on: Thu Sep 30, 2021 12:24 pm

paulv66 wrote:
I managed to miss out on another couple of puzzles yesterday. I had a busy, messy sort of day and realised with about 45 minutes to go that I had yet to complete yesterday’s killer and yesterday’s sudoku.

You seem to have forgotten that your first priority always is solving this site's puzzles.
Everything else is secondary [lol]

Posted on: Thu Sep 30, 2021 1:39 pm

pnm wrote:
paulv66 wrote:
I managed to miss out on another couple of puzzles yesterday. I had a busy, messy sort of day and realised with about 45 minutes to go that I had yet to complete yesterday’s killer and yesterday’s sudoku.

You seem to have forgotten that your first priority always is solving this site's puzzles.

[scared] Thanks for reminding me of my responsibilities. :-)

Posted on: Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:17 am

pnm wrote:
paulv66 wrote:

I'd go one further. If you're working, your boss should be paying you for one hour a day for solving puzzles on this site. With the follow up question to Patrick: can you employ me for one hour a day? [lol]

But seriously, I try to do the puzzles early in the morning for most part. Or early afternoon. Power supply can be a bit wonky over here, and if you occasionally don't have electricity (and thus no internet) from 9 AM to 8 PM, you really don't want to be doing all the puzzles last thing in the day. But obviously that is not an option for everyone.

The alternative of solving 9x9s or difficult KSs on a phone is far from ideal.

Posted on: Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:47 pm

paulv66 wrote:

As for the sudoku, I never even started it as I felt the 7 points for the killer were a more important target.

Last year, something similar happened to me. Only I got the Killer KS done but couldnt get the Sudoku done. I was 2 pts behind the leaders of the "Year To Date" rankings for the rest of the year.

For me, I get anxious when I am cutting it close to reset hour. I try not to avoid that as I think more clearly without that stress.

Posted on: Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:06 pm

eclipsegirl wrote:

For me, I get anxious when I am cutting it close to reset hour. I try not to avoid that as I think more clearly without that stress.

That’s what happened to me the other night. I had a go at the puzzles the following morning and solved each of them in less than 10 minutes.

Posted on: Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:39 am

I fell by the side yesterday (as a non-sub). Just too much going on all day, so I guess 2022 has to be the year I solve all puzzles. Last year I missed 2 puzzles due to moving house (!) and the inevitable power failure over here (that and the fact that 'next puzzle' does not show up for killers and sudokus when solving puzzles; phones are really not meant for this).

Thankfully I had done most puzzles, so at least my consecutive streak remains in tact. Was a good run of 18 months solving all puzzles too.
Sigh

Posted on: Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:01 am

ddarthez wrote:
Thankfully I had done most puzzles, so at least my consecutive streak remains in tact. Was a good run of 18 months solving all puzzles too.
Sigh

18 months already is an insane run! [scared]

Posted on: Wed Oct 20, 2021 11:21 am

ddarthez wrote:
I fell by the side yesterday (as a non-sub). Just too much going on all day, so I guess 2022 has to be the year I solve all puzzles. Last year I missed 2 puzzles due to moving house (!) and the inevitable power failure over here (that and the fact that 'next puzzle' does not show up for killers and sudokus when solving puzzles; phones are really not meant for this).

Sigh

I understand your frustration. I also had a long uninterrupted streak that ended earlier this year. Since then, I’ve failed to solve a few other puzzles within their time limit and I’m hoping to get back on track next year. But it has become something of an obsession.

Reply to topic   [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 16  Next