View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:16 am

← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page

Reply to topic  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 16  Next
 Rankings by year 

Posted on: Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:15 am

Post Re: Rankings by year
You did indeeed create a monster. I do not think I can keep it up for a full year due to travel, and an eclipse in the summer.

But I try my best. [love]

Posted on: Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:19 am

Today, I lost my shared place at the top of the rankings. (I had in the past because I didnt do the EXTRA or finish a 12 x 12 on the day it was published, and get caught up a day or two later. Through March 30, I was able to compete.)

Today, I couldnt get all the dailies done because I did not realize this was when Europe “sprung ahead” and I thought I had one more hour to compete the puzzles and I did not have access to the internet in the morning when I usally do many of the puzzles (bad internet service in the developing world).

:sad:

Last edited by eclipsegirl on Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Posted on: Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:36 am

eclipsegirl wrote:
Today, I lost my shared place at the top of the rankings. (I had in the past because I didnt do the EXTRA or finish a 12 x 12 on the day it was published, and get caught up a day or two later. Through March 30, I was able to compete

Today, I couldnt get all the dailies done because I did not realize this was when Europe “sprung ahead” and I thought I had one more hour to compete the puzzles and I did not have access to the internet in the morning when I susally do many of the puzzles andnternet service in the developing world.

:sad:

That's very unlucky (and very frustrating). Having said that, it kind of takes the pressure off and I hope you enjoy the rest of your vacation without having to worry about trying to maintain your streak.

Posted on: Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:53 am

There's one thing I still wonder about these rankings by year:
because they seem to be only counting the points for the regular puzzles, wouldn't it be more logical to move them to the 'regular puzzle' rankings?
Then we could maybe make another ranking counting all points, and we would still have the regular rankings for the die-hard solvers [drool]

Posted on: Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:19 am

rafaelhoukes wrote:
There's one thing I still wonder about these rankings by year:
because they seem to be only counting the points for the regular puzzles, wouldn't it be more logical to move them to the 'regular puzzle' rankings?
Then we could maybe make another ranking counting all points, and we would still have the regular rankings for the die-hard solvers [drool]

The regular rankings include bonus puzzles but don't include extra puzzles. The opposite applies under the year to date rankings.

Posted on: Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:33 pm

Patrick,
I have been thinking about the Year to Date rankings.

The rankings reset on Jan 1, 2020.

Is there a way to “memorialize” the 2019 YtD rankings so that on Jan 1 or later, a participant can click a button and see who was on top at the end of the 2019?

Thank you in advance,
E-girl

Posted on: Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:58 pm

eclipsegirl wrote:
Patrick,
I have been thinking about the Year to Date rankings.

The rankings reset on Jan 1, 2020.

Is there a way to “memorialize” the 2019 YtD rankings so that on Jan 1 or later, a participant can click a button and see who was on top at the end of the 2019?

Thank you in advance,
E-girl

Thanks, good suggestion, I'll probably put a "2019" link on there somewhere

(could maybe even do years before that [sleep] )

Posted on: Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:36 am

Patrick,
I am sorry to bring this up with less than 24 hrs to go.

Today (Dec 31) there is a a user submitted puzzle.

Will the points from that puzzle count toward the YtD rankings?
Or will the points be excluded for the YtD rankings since new participants can go and do older user submitted puzzles as a way to possible game the system?

Posted on: Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:28 pm

Delighted to have solved today's 9x9 (after a bit of a struggle) so that I could complete a 100% record for 2019. Roll on 2020!

Posted on: Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:22 pm

eclipsegirl wrote:
Patrick,
I am sorry to bring this up with less than 24 hrs to go.

Today (Dec 31) there is a a user submitted puzzle.

Will the points from that puzzle count toward the YtD rankings?
Or will the points be excluded for the YtD rankings since new participants can go and do older user submitted puzzles as a way to possible game the system?

To answer my own question, the 12 points did come into my Year To Date points.

Reply to topic   [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 16  Next