View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:17 pm

← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page

Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Congratulations on the site's 10 year anniversary! 

Posted on: Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:08 pm

Post Re: Congratulations on the site's 10 year anniversary!
clm wrote:
paulv66 wrote:
Thanks for the new puzzles Patrick. I tried to submit y2009 just now and it's telling me that my solution appears to be incorrect. I've double checked everything and can't find any errors. Is it possible that the site has not yet been set up to accept these new puzzles?

First of all congratulations, Patrick, for the anniversary [thumbsup] [thumbsup], thank you, and for this booklet.

Ok, in my opinion, the puzzle "y2009" (it corresponds to year 2009, the beginning of the site so it can be understood :-) :-)) has not unique solution and that's probably the problem with the solution sent by paulv66. I suggest you revise cells d5-d6, f4-f5 and h4-h5-h6, it seems they admit swappings.

Thanks clm. That did the trick! [thumbsup]

Posted on: Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:07 pm

paulv66 wrote:
Thanks for the new puzzles Patrick. I tried to submit y2009 just now and it's telling me that my solution appears to be incorrect. I've double checked everything and can't find any errors. Is it possible that the site has not yet been set up to accept these new puzzles?

It should be all set up, I'll check the logs and let you know.

edit: now reading the later post by clm, will look into that..

edit 2: I now "fixed" it by setting d5 to 10, and f4 to 2 (so these are already given in the puzzle,
the online PDFs have been updated).

I'm guessing it's a problem with the code that deals with very large cages (like the "1" and the "0" in the y2009 puzzle).

I'll double-check the last puzzle (y2018) as well..

edit 3: the booklet has been added to the "book history" page now

Last edited by pnm on Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Posted on: Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:10 pm

Also, I found these cookies on the dining room table this morning..:

[woot] [love] [thumbup]

Last edited by pnm on Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted on: Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:11 pm

Finally, if people have an account on The Twitter,
can you retweet this one:

https://twitter.com/calcudokudotorg/sta ... 6587712512

??

Posted on: Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:50 pm

Congratulations, Patrick, on passing the 10-year milestone, and a heartfelt thank you for the rich variety of calcudokus you have published on this site, in the books and today in the anniversary booklet! [thumbsup]

Also, big thanks to all the puzzlers who have shared their very interesting ideas and special puzzles in the "Specific puzzles / your own puzzles" section of the forum and to those who have educated the rest of us in the "Solving strategies and tips" section over the years. [thumbup]

If you are a frequent puzzler and you can afford it, please consider becoming a subscriber – not just for the Extra puzzles and other perks but also as a way of supporting this site and its creator.

Happy anniversary, everyone! [biggrin]

Posted on: Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:42 pm

[*]Good point about becoming a subscriber..........and as an added note, I always donate extra when subscribing.......let's face it, this site IS awesome and does help to keep the older (and younger) users brains active plus we all get the satisfaction of solving these puzzles [thumbsup] Now if I could get the local newspaper to carry a couple of his puzzles in each issue.......but (6 years ago) they were not interested [cursing]
Nice cookies!!!

Posted on: Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:49 pm

beaker wrote:
Now if I could get the local newspaper to carry a couple of his puzzles in each issue.......but (6 years ago) they were not interested [cursing]

I think the one paper I'm still supplying puzzles to is the "Elizabethtown Advocate" (PA) [love]

I used to supply papers in the Netherlands too, but over the years the few puzzle companies
that remained have been bought by an international investment company, so they determine
the puzzles the public solves these days [glare]

Posted on: Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:01 pm

I am guessing no deal was available for you to submit one of your books to them so they could choose what to use?

Posted on: Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:29 pm

beaker wrote:
I am guessing no deal was available for you to submit one of your books to them so they could choose what to use?

No, what these large companies want is contracts with as many papers / magazines / web sites as possible,
and then they supply a "mix of puzzles", all generated in-house.

(so there's no dependency on independent puzzle makers like me)

Posted on: Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:54 pm

Congratulations on the 10-year anniversary for calcudoku.org! Here's to many, many more years of puzzling for all of us here and thanks for all of the great puzzles you supply each day, Patrick! As I write this, we've collectively solved 17,105,000 puzzles. You never know - we just might hit 20 million puzzles in 2019 as well!

skeeter84

Reply to topic   [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next