View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jun 01, 2020 11:40 pm



← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page




Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 number of puzzles solved 
Author Message

Posted on: Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:21 am




Posts: 728
Location: Ladysmith, BC, Canada
Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 1:37 am
Post number of puzzles solved
I just completed a puzzle and total now is 58,873 and the points total for all those puzzles is now at 200,000points [biggrin] ..... would think that this total number of puzzles will probably be the highest to attain the 200K mark.....not bad for a 75.27 year old [thumbsup]and the 10th user to do it [biggrin]


Last edited by beaker on Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:42 am, edited 2 times in total.



Profile

Posted on: Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:23 am




Posts: 652
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:03 pm
Post Re: number of puzzles solved
beaker wrote:
I just completed a puzzle and total now is 58,873 and the points total for all those puzzles is now at 200,000points [biggrin] ......I would bet that this total number of puzzles will probably be the highest to attain the 200K mark.....not bad for a 75.27 year old [thumbsup]


Congratulations beaker! [thumbsup] [thumbsup] That’s a great achievement.


Profile

Posted on: Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:43 am




Posts: 79
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:47 pm
Post Re: number of puzzles solved
Congrats on 200K, beaker! I've only got 75,100 some points as I type this, and it's taken me 8-9 years and just under 20,800 puzzles to do it.

skeeter84


Profile

Posted on: Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:54 am




Posts: 652
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:03 pm
Post Re: number of puzzles solved
Hi Beaker

Regarding the number of puzzles taken to reach 200,000 points, I think the average points per puzzle is very dependent on how many timed puzzles you do. It’s possible for a subscriber to complete 13 timed puzzles per day, but only earn 4 points, which really drags down the average number of points per puzzle.

I generally use up all my attempts each day, although I will usually abandon the smaller puzzles if I get stuck, so I might only complete 10 or 11 puzzles. My average points per puzzle is almost exactly 3.3, while yours is 3.4. This includes just over 6,000 points from just under 12,000 timed puzzles. If I exclude the timed puzzles, my average points per puzzle goes up to just over 5.3.


Profile

Posted on: Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:03 am




Posts: 773
Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 6:51 pm
Post Re: number of puzzles solved
beaker wrote:
I just completed a puzzle and total now is 58,873 and the points total for all those puzzles is now at 200,000points [biggrin] ......I would bet that this total number of puzzles will probably be the highest to attain the 200K mark.....not bad for a 75.27 year old [thumbsup]and the 10th user to do it [biggrin]


[thumbsup] [thumbsup] [thumbsup] welcome to the 200K club!


Profile

Posted on: Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:19 am




Posts: 773
Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 6:51 pm
Post Re: number of puzzles solved
paulv66 wrote:
Hi Beaker

...

I generally use up all my attempts each day, although I will usually abandon the smaller puzzles if I get stuck, so I might only complete 10 or 11 puzzles. My average points per puzzle is almost exactly 3.3, while yours is 3.4. This includes just over 6,000 points from just under 12,000 timed puzzles. If I exclude the timed puzzles, my average points per puzzle goes up to just over 5.3.


As compared with yours, my average is very poor 2,939 (258,213 points, 87,867 solutions), I usually send as many timed as possible and 0-points sudokus.


Profile
User avatar

Posted on: Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:19 am




Posts: 2686
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 11:58 pm
Post Re: number of puzzles solved
Congrats beaker [woot] [woot] [woot]


Profile

Posted on: Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:46 am




Posts: 728
Location: Ladysmith, BC, Canada
Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 1:37 am
Post Re: number of puzzles solved
Oops.....forgot that I too did the 13 timed puzzles per day until just recently (which obviously skewed the points per puzzle)......will start doing the 13 again once the 20 millionth is solved....and thank you pnm for the opportunity to keep the grey cells mathematically active [thumbsup] plus I am now running off all single puzzles of 4, 5, and 6 grid plus the sudoku for my [love] wife (who has PD) as she does them with her morning coffee helping her grey cells as well [smile]


Profile

Posted on: Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:02 pm




Posts: 226
Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 4:55 pm
Post Re: number of puzzles solved
beaker wrote:
Oops.....forgot that I too did the 13 timed puzzles per day until just recently (which obviously skewed the points per puzzle)......will start doing the 13 again once the 20 millionth is solved....and thank you pnm for the opportunity to keep the grey cells mathematically active [thumbsup] plus I am now running off all single puzzles of 4, 5, and 6 grid plus the sudoku for my [love] wife (who has PD) as she does them with her morning coffee helping her grey cells as well [smile]

Great to hear that you both enjoy puzzling [thumbsup] And congrats on the 200K [woot]


Profile

Posted on: Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:05 pm




Posts: 454
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:20 pm
Post Re: number of puzzles solved
Congrats on 200K.

Its an awesome achievement.

:fireworks:


Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
All forum contents © Patrick Min, and by the post authors.

Forum software phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.