View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:30 pm

← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Music to puzzle by 

Posted on: Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:04 am

Post Music to puzzle by
So does anyone else listen to music while they work their puzzles? If so, what kind of music do you listen to? Does it differ at all from what you normally listen to?

I personally don't work hardly at all without some form of music on. I usually aim for stuff with a much softer tone to the vocal in music in general, but for the stuff when I'm working, I usually aim for that same tone in more upbeat stuff. This ends up with me listening to a lot of college a cappella groups doing covers of pop songs while I am puzzling, but yeah.

Posted on: Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:24 am

Post Re: Music to puzzle by
Nope, no music. But I used to listen to music a lot more when I was studying in university. I'd probably prefer something instrumental because words would be distracting, especially for timed puzzles. Maybe some music would improve your mind temporarily, like perhaps listening to Mozart or something. Maybe if you're used to working with music on all the time, it wouldn't distract you so much.

Posted on: Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:50 am

starling wrote:
So does anyone else listen to music while they work their puzzles? If so, what kind of music do you listen to? Does it differ at all from what you normally listen to?

I personally don't work hardly at all without some form of music on. I usually aim for stuff with a much softer tone to the vocal in music in general, but for the stuff when I'm working, I usually aim for that same tone in more upbeat stuff. This ends up with me listening to a lot of college a cappella groups doing covers of pop songs while I am puzzling, but yeah.

No music for me either and not for studying in University.....as a retired teacher, I still substittute teach and am amazed at how many teachers allow students to listen to music while working on their own (actualy about 100% of them pull out some form of earphone and listen whuile they work)....a new generation that pretty much live for music all the time!

Posted on: Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:28 am

beaker wrote:
No music for me either and not for studying in University.....as a retired teacher, I still substittute teach and am amazed at how many teachers allow students to listen to music while working on their own (actualy about 100% of them pull out some form of earphone and listen whuile they work)....a new generation that pretty much live for music all the time!

For me, having never been allowed to listen to stuff in school except when we have substitutes, I've gotten to where I associate not having music on with one of two things: Either my iPod's dead, or I'm in class where I'm expected to do nothing information-wise but regurgitate. Seriously, I metaphorically turn my brain off for classes more than I turn it on.

Posted on: Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:58 pm

starling wrote:

Usually the radio when doing the timed puzzles (but I do wait for some music
to start, don't want the DJ distracting me :)

When studying for exams in college, I'd listen to the same mix tape over and over again.
Then, during the exam I could remember stuff simply by thinking about that music..

Patrick

Posted on: Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:49 pm

I often listen to http://www.trance.fm when solving calcudokus Image

Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]