View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:00 am

← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page

Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 is the site becoming less interesting / attractive? 

Posted on: Sun May 15, 2022 1:37 am

Post Re: is the site becoming less interesting / attractive?
My 2 cents.

I think a thing that the site is missing is a FAQ. It's only when I started resolving the puzzles online that I discovered that you could get free ones.

If you're not logged in you get no indication of that : "You are not logged in, if this was today's puzzle, then you would have scored 1 point for solving it.
You can create an account to keep track of the puzzles you've solved. Score points for every solved puzzle, and climb the high score tables!
"

Maybe "you would have scored 1 point toward a free puzzle for solving it" would encourage more people to create an account.

I think infos are too scattered, and a FAQ would help visitors who want to find quickly what the website has to offer.

For example : you have to click on 'subscribe' to know what you'd get. You have to click on 'Timed puzzles' to find that it's a daily challenge (points are not mentionned by the way). The list of 'eternel' calcudokus is somewhere in the forum. There are a lot of other infos of this kind here and there that you can easy miss, even if you are an active user.

Posted on: Sun May 15, 2022 1:53 am

I find that I do not know all the flags country's names......I wonder if you could devise a system where-by if you put cursor on flag of someone who just made a comment in the forum, then the name of the country would appear??

Posted on: Sun May 15, 2022 2:16 am

I like the larger numbers. I don't. like the color changes.

Posted on: Sun May 15, 2022 5:01 am

I don't really like the color change, primarily because the easy/medium/difficult backgrounds are the same color as an unsolved puzzle so you can't just look for the lack of white on the bar to know if you have done all the puzzles for the day.

Posted on: Sun May 15, 2022 9:00 am

mparisi wrote:
I don't really like the color change, primarily because the easy/medium/difficult backgrounds are the same color as an unsolved puzzle so you can't just look for the lack of white on the bar to know if you have done all the puzzles for the day.

I agree 100%. It was much easier under the old colour scheme to see at a glance how many puzzles you had not completed. Please change it back.

Posted on: Sun May 15, 2022 10:02 am

paulv66 wrote:
mparisi wrote:

I agree 100%. It was much easier under the old colour scheme to see at a glance how many puzzles you had not completed. Please change it back.

The solution could be as easy as modifying the background color for the labels Easy, Medium and Difficult puzzles: light yellow or light blue, for instance, something different than white that do not create any confusion.

Posted on: Sun May 15, 2022 10:58 am

mparisi wrote:

I agree. A different background for those labels would be nice to get back again.

Posted on: Sun May 15, 2022 11:00 am

beaker wrote:
I find that I do not know all the flags country's names......I wonder if you could devise a system where-by if you put cursor on flag of someone who just made a comment in the forum, then the name of the country would appear??

It used to show (just like you suggested) on a desktop computer. I miss it now since I am playing on an IPad now most of the times

Posted on: Sun May 15, 2022 11:06 am

Another suggestion would be to “block” the numbers that are “used up”. So in a 6x6, if you have put in 6 sixes, the 6-button would become faded or something to warn you. Maybe not in the strict version where you don’t get warnings if you make a mistake.

Posted on: Sun May 15, 2022 12:58 pm

beaker wrote:

This is possible yes
(similar to the flags in the "sovled ticker")

Reply to topic   [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next