View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:28 pm

← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page

Reply to topic  [ 211 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 22  Next
 Any suggestions? 

Posted on: Mon May 07, 2012 8:59 pm

Post Re: Any suggestions?
jake4 wrote:
And as long as I'm posting, I have another suggestion. When I click on the number indicating the number of unread forum posts, I'd like to be taken straight to http://www.calcudoku.org/forum/search.php?search_id=unreadposts instead of the main forum page.

Man, that's so obvious I missed it completely..
thanks much :-)

Posted on: Mon May 07, 2012 10:40 pm

clm wrote:
what about "the other side of the river?", would you be so kind of providing (when you have time) one of the most difficult 9x9's?, I assume in the range of 200 or more?. Something that requires 14 days or so to solve it ... [scared].

This one should be one notch harder than a Tuesday 9x9.
Often a pattern limits the difficulty level one can achieve. Also, lots of large cages and symmetric
puzzles make it harder to find one with a single solution (this one took many hours to find).
Solver rating about 140.

Posted on: Wed May 09, 2012 12:25 am

pnm wrote:
clm wrote:
what about "the other side of the river?", would you be so kind of providing (when you have time) one of the most difficult 9x9's?, I assume in the range of 200 or more?. Something that requires 14 days or so to solve it ... [scared].

Often a pattern limits the difficulty level one can achieve. Also, lots of large cages and symmetric
puzzles make it harder to find one with a single solution (this one took many hours to find).

... Solver rating about 140.

Thanks again for this new puzzle, it's certainly much more difficult than the usual 9x9's on tuesdays. It has many combinations and it's very interesting because even having 13 cells given (or better 16 if we consider that h1-i1-i2 is immediate) the rest is very complex. It took me more time than usual.

In order to verify if we are talking about the same unique solution I am going to give the row 7 = 315276894, I do not send the full solution because perhaps someone else wants to try it.

What is the time for the computer in finding the solution?.

Posted on: Thu May 10, 2012 11:12 pm

Patrick, any posibility of posting the forum extra puzzles, like the one above, in a way so we can do it on the computer and not having to print them?

Posted on: Fri May 11, 2012 10:30 am

clm wrote:

It takes about 1 second.

Posted on: Fri May 11, 2012 10:31 am

danvijan wrote:
Patrick, any posibility of posting the forum extra puzzles, like the one above, in a way so we can do it on the computer and not having to print them?

That's a good idea. This points to a feature "extra puzzles" (e.g. there'd be this "extra puzzle"
link on the page on some days), which could even be user submitted (!)

Patrick

Posted on: Fri May 11, 2012 10:40 am

Patrick it looks like the voting is stationary some days ago. Isn't it time to finish?
And if you like voting why not to do one the people vote for the diagrams they like? Maybe it contributes to gather more people ( I'd vote against the modules :-) :-) :-) ).
Why is not there a new day with 12x12 to balance one or two days with only 7x7 and 9x9? I'd like those final patterned diagrams of your book "Large puzzles" very interesting.

Posted on: Fri May 11, 2012 10:45 am

jomapil wrote:
Patrick it looks like the voting is stationary some days ago. Isn't it time to finish?

Yes, maybe.
I'd like to add a new suggestion every now and then, not sure how to do this best.

Posted on: Sat May 19, 2012 10:46 pm

clm wrote:
pnm wrote:
clm wrote:

... Solver rating about 140.

In order to verify if we are talking about the same unique solution I am going to give the row 7 = 315276894, I do not send the full solution because perhaps someone else wants to try it.

12 days have already ellapsed since this "ultra difficult" 9x9 puzzle appeared in the Forum and apparently in this time no big interest has been shown [crying] [crying] (except by danvijan ... ); well, perhaps, now is the moment for the "beginners" to try to complete the drawing I am including (I know Patrick is very busy actually), in which drawing I provide a second line of the solution, the row 8 = 973521486 (the full solution in two or three days).

Posted on: Sun May 20, 2012 1:27 am

clm wrote:
... I provide a second line of the solution, the row 8 = 973521486 (the full solution in two or three days).

Actually, clm, rather than not show any interest, I didn't show any progress! I couldn't find a first finger or toe hold from which to start my ascent. So maybe rather than give a line or two of answers, could you give a logical first step? If the puzzle is predicated on several different pieces falling into that might be too difficult, but it is the sort of first hint I would most like to see. I should have some time tomorrow for a second go at this. I'll use your two lines as a start if time doesn't allow for the 'first logic step' approach.

Thanks, btw, for all you contribute to this site.

Reply to topic   [ 211 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 22  Next