View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:59 am

← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Extra Puzzles 

Posted on: Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:36 pm

Post Re: Extra Puzzles
I also think there should be no cap on "extra" puzzles. That was the agreement when we subscribed: they can be done at any time. All this posturing for #1 is petty. Even if someone wanted to use his or her extra points to have the top spot for a day or two, wouldn't it still require doing a LOT of other daily puzzles? Surely the people who are regularly in the #1 spot could stand to share the limelight once in a while?

Posted on: Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:58 pm

For me also, no cap.

Posted on: Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:43 pm

sjs34 wrote:
I also favor no caps on extra points and would suggest no caps on book points either. If someone wants to shine brightly briefly, why not let them? It all eventually averages out. I also like sneaklyfox's suggestion for an average points per day ranking for an interval much longer than a month.

I am also in favour of some additional longer interval for the "averages"; some time ago I asked Patrick for an "all time average" (though this can be easily calculated for every player, since the total number of days of the member are shown); if I remember well Patrick answered me that at the beginning of the site, less puzzles and points were published everyday and then the "average from the beginning" was not going to be representative, and too much in favour of the recently adhered members, OK, but an average for the last 100 days, or six months, or even the last year, could be interesting (also considering that some people have "definitely" abandoned the site and these rankings could show that).

Posted on: Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:35 pm

I thought a 6 month average would be good as well and if you thought about any one being on the site for the 180 days, then any person that had 180 days could easily project where they might have been if they had registered 886 days ago like mparisi had and that could give you __your own satisfaction__ in a different manner!
But as I said before I like the rules just the way they are [thumbsup]

Also, I'm sure Patrick is getting a good chuckle out of all this just as I am for posting the original "just for a :-) post"........Ken

Posted on: Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:57 am

The only reason I feel a cap is necessary is because of the lack of those longer intervals, so I'd appreciate a 6 month thing too.

Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2