View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:43 pm

← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page

Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 bonus puzzles 

Posted on: Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:54 pm

Post Re: bonus puzzles
For those of us who struggle with the > 6 grid puzzles, it is nice to get a "bonus puzzle" that can be done (however, on some occassions I haven't been able to do a couple of the harder 7x7's). And now I have to work harder to solve more of the difficult day to day puzzles to attain the 110 instead of 100.....so, to you "brains" out there, please leave the bonus puzzles alone.
PS: congrats to sneaklyfox for solving so many so quickly. :?

Posted on: Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:32 pm

beaker wrote:
For those of us who struggle with the > 6 grid puzzles, it is nice to get a "bonus puzzle" that can be done (however, on some occassions I haven't been able to do a couple of the harder 7x7's). And now I have to work harder to solve more of the difficult day to day puzzles to attain the 110 instead of 100.....so, to you "brains" out there, please leave the bonus puzzles alone.

:-) Yes, after reading all the feedback, I'll leave the bonus puzzles relatively easy.
(there may be variants, but they won't be more difficult than the current twins)
Patrick

Posted on: Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:37 am

pnm wrote:
:-) Yes, after reading all the feedback, I'll leave the bonus puzzles relatively easy.
(there may be variants, but they won't be more difficult than the current twins)
Patrick

Makes sense and I agree.

Posted on: Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:20 am

Anyone seen an 8x8 bonus puzzle (not twin)? I just got one. It started from zero and also had exponentiation.

Posted on: Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:03 am

No, I got the expected twin puzzle

Posted on: Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:33 pm

fb_1124 wrote:

I've had all twins as well. It might be that because you were the one who finished off all the first pool of bonus puzzles that you're getting puzzles out of the new pool Patrick generated, whereas everyone else is still working out of that old pool.

Posted on: Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:38 pm

starling wrote:
fb_1124 wrote:

I've had all twins as well. It might be that because you were the one who finished off all the first pool of bonus puzzles that you're getting puzzles out of the new pool Patrick generated, whereas everyone else is still working out of that old pool.

Yes, correct. I added two sets of 50 puzzles, both not 7x7 or 8x8 twins :)

Posted on: Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:01 pm

pnm wrote:
starling wrote:
fb_1124 wrote:

Yes, correct. I added two sets of 50 puzzles, both not 7x7 or 8x8 twins :)

I did yesterday an 8x8 (0-7) bonus puzzle exactly as Sneaklyfox, but adding 8 points instead of 10 (however the msg I received indicated "You have scored 10 points"). Has the scoring system for bonus puzzles been also modified, or simply the software is still thinking in an 8x8 "difficult" and thus assignning automatically the 8 points? (as of today it has not been "corrected" and I still have in "my history" and total the 8 points fot that bonus puzzle).

Posted on: Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:07 pm

clm wrote:
I did yesterday an 8x8 (0-7) bonus puzzle exactly as Sneaklyfox, but adding 8 points instead of 10 (however the msg I received indicated "You have scored 10 points"). Has the scoring system for bonus puzzles been also modified, or simply the software is still thinking in an 8x8 "difficult" and thus assignning automatically the 8 points? (as of today it has not been "corrected" and I still have in "my history" and total the 8 points fot that bonus puzzle).

Yes, that was an error, somebody else pointed this out to me. It has been fixed now.
I'll track the bonus puzzles that were done in the meantime, and will change the 8 to 10 :-)
Patrick

Posted on: Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:55 pm

pnm wrote:
clm wrote:

Yes, that was an error, somebody else pointed this out to me. It has been fixed now.
I'll track the bonus puzzles that were done in the meantime, and will change the 8 to 10 :-)
Patrick

Thank you for your kind and quick attention to this subject; by the way the 8x8 (from 0 to 7) with exponentiation is a new and attractive puzzle.

Reply to topic   [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next