View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:17 am

← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 ack! new ads! 

Posted on: Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:53 am

Post ack! new ads!
I don't know about anyone else, but occasionally it's been taking many minutes to load the videos. My usual method for dealing with this problem is to reload the puzzle. Unfortunately on the timed puzzles, when I do this I lose the puzzle. So I just let the ad time out on it's own(which, as I said, can take several minutes). This has been putting a serious crimp in my scores lately, as I lose the flow of doing puzzles quickly.

Anyway you can make the lagout quicker? Thanx

Posted on: Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:44 am

Post Re: ack! new ads!
Hmm... I haven't noticed the ads affecting load time of a puzzle that much. Maybe it's your browser or internet connection? We have good days and bad days (for timed puzzles)... some days everything just clicks and on other days... like I would appreciate if someone could make my kids not cry right in the middle of a timed puzzle as it seriously distracts me and I totally lose focus. :-)

Btw, Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Posted on: Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:22 am

picklepep wrote:
I don't know about anyone else, but occasionally it's been taking many minutes to load the videos.

Hm, not sure what is going on. But the ads change around, so maybe you're seeing
a large "flash" ad. Right now the ads I'm seeing are about 2-3% of the total page size.

I've changed the settings so I have to approve each individual ad, I'll keep an eye
out for large ones..

Patrick

Posted on: Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:53 am

I'm running Ubuntu, and that might have something to do with it. It's not really the big ads, it seems to only happen when they come from just one source. I'll keep my eye out for ip address and tell you more.

Posted on: Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:11 am

sneaklyfox wrote:
Hmm... I haven't noticed the ads affecting load time of a puzzle that much. Maybe it's your browser or internet connection? We have good days and bad days (for timed puzzles)... some days everything just clicks and on other days... like I would appreciate if someone could make my kids not cry right in the middle of a timed puzzle as it seriously distracts me and I totally lose focus. :-)

Btw, Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Ahhhh, that's the secret of your success! You have to be fast to keep the kids from crying :D

Posted on: Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:31 am

picklepep wrote:
Ahhhh, that's the secret of your success! You have to be fast to keep the kids from crying :D

Haha riiiight... maybe next time you feel the call of nature, wait until almost the last moment and then do a timed puzzle. ;-)

Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]