View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:48 pm



← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page




Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
 All the book puzzles worth points 
Author Message

Posted on: Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:21 pm




Posts: 474
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:20 pm
Post Re: All the book puzzles worth points
Thank you Patrick,
This a very addictive site and I am in the the quest for points. [love]

It will take me several more years before I crack the 100 K realm and by then, several people will be in the 200K realm


Profile

Posted on: Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:07 am




Posts: 25
Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2014 7:10 pm
Post Re: All the book puzzles worth points
Hi eclipsegirl!

Thanks for the list of book puzzle points! I just got the colossal killer sudoku book and I believe there are 90 puzzles worth 9 points each for a total of 810.

wjm


Profile

Posted on: Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:14 am




Posts: 114
Location: Canada
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:40 pm
Post Re: All the book puzzles worth points
Beauty. Thanks for your list:)


Profile

Posted on: Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:02 pm




Posts: 474
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:20 pm
Post Re: All the book puzzles worth points
@ wjm,
You are correct.
I didn't check my book.

The last 10 puzzles (the extra large ones) do not have a puzzle code.
Thank you for making that correction

---now to edit the list.


Profile

Posted on: Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:16 pm




Posts: 786
Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 6:51 pm
Post Re: All the book puzzles worth points
It is still impossible to send 2 book puzzles the same day (Colossal Killer and January Series, for instance).

BTW, a suggestion for the new year, a "Save for later" feature would be very useful when submitting book solutions. I understand that it's not the same thing to work on the solution of a determined puzzle "on-line" than submitting a solution once you have completed it in the book, but sometimes, with larger puzzlers of course (15x15, 17x17), where you have to enter up to 289 numbers (and up to 625 digits), it occurs that meanwhile you must pay attention to other business (apart of possible outages or PC problems).


Profile
User avatar

Posted on: Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:21 pm




Posts: 2711
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 11:58 pm
Post Re: All the book puzzles worth points
clm wrote:
It is still impossible to send 2 book puzzles the same day (Colossal Killer and January Series, for instance).

Yes, I figured that because starting February the "Series" books will no longer have puzzles for points,
this would still be fine.

clm wrote:
BTW, a suggestion for the new year, a "Save for later" feature would be very useful when submitting book solutions. I understand that it's not the same thing to work on the solution of a determined puzzle "on-line" than submitting a solution once you have completed it in the book, but sometimes, with larger puzzlers of course (15x15, 17x17), where you have to enter up to 289 numbers (and up to 625 digits), it occurs that meanwhile you must pay attention to other business (apart of possible outages or PC problems).

I think that would complicate things too much. An easier method is to enter your
solution in an editor (e.g. "textedit" on a Mac, "notepad" on Windoze, "emacs" on Linux)
and regularly save it in a text file.

When finished and electrons are still running you can copy & paste it into the web form [drool]


Profile

Posted on: Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:50 pm




Posts: 786
Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 6:51 pm
Post Re: All the book puzzles worth points
pnm wrote:
I think that would complicate things too much. An easier method is to enter your
solution in an editor (e.g. "textedit" on a Mac, "notepad" on Windoze, "emacs" on Linux)
and regularly save it in a text file.

When finished and electrons are still running you can copy & paste it into the web form [drool]


Yes, thank you, I will follow this idea, in fact I did that many times but when sending long posts to the forum, for similar reasons, instead of using the "Save draft" option (I have had in the forum unpleasant experiences when loosing everything written [thumbdn] ... ).


Profile

Posted on: Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:06 pm




Posts: 233
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 11:51 pm
Post Re: All the book puzzles worth points
It might still be worth considering upping to 2 per day given that at 1 per day there are over 2 years of book puzzles out and about.


Profile
User avatar

Posted on: Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:17 pm




Posts: 2711
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 11:58 pm
Post Re: All the book puzzles worth points
sjs34 wrote:
It might still be worth considering upping to 2 per day given that at 1 per day there are over 2 years of book puzzles out and about.

True, good point.

Let's first get the February issue ready (only planned change so far: a bit more challenging twins [rolleyes] )


Profile

Posted on: Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:00 pm




Posts: 268
Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 2:17 pm
Post Re: All the book puzzles worth points
kozibrada's MultiOp was actually fairly easy, in my opinion. I was able to motor through it in less than 20 minutes [blink] Sorry, kozibrada - I don't want to insult your 2 hours of work. It was quite a fun puzzle, actually [thumbsup]

Also, was the special occasion in kus_theo's 12x12 his 18th birthday? If so, then congratulations!


Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
All forum contents © Patrick Min, and by the post authors.

Forum software phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.