View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:14 pm

← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 User submitted puzzle 

Posted on: Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:51 am

Post User submitted puzzle
What happened to the user submitted puzzle.......did we only have the one day to solve it......?

Posted on: Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:19 am

Post Re: User submitted puzzle
No, just click on the date or the calendar icon on the main page, and choose the puzzle date of the user-created puzzle (6 Feb in this case). As the date shifts to 6 Feb, a yellowish bar will appear near the top of the main page announcing that "Today you can solve a user created puzzle" (link also included here for your convenience [wink]). BTW, I liked the great diversity of operators, skeeter84 [thumbup]

Posted on: Wed Feb 10, 2016 9:03 am

Thanks.......I just didn't go back far enough enough.......time passes quickly it seems when you are doing these puzzles!!

Posted on: Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:03 am

beaker wrote:
Thanks.......I just didn't go back far enough enough.......time passes quickly it seems when you are doing these puzzles!!

I think I should add a list of the puzzles (as on this page: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=540)
to the 'special puzzles' list.

Posted on: Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:24 pm

pnm wrote:
I think I should add a list of the puzzles (as on this page: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=540) to the 'special puzzles' list.
That's a good idea!

Posted on: Thu Feb 11, 2016 1:39 am

Thanks, bram - I'm glad you enjoyed my 8*8 many op puzzle. This puzzle being the first I've ever submitted, I was concerned that it might not end up with a single solution. As such, I tried using cages with only 1 possible combination to "guarantee" that it would. As for my take on user-designed puzzles, my vote is for giving the designer x points for submitting it and everybody else those same x points for solving it. The designer doesn't need to "solve" the puzzle since he or she already knows the answer. I'm also willing to see more options for upcoming puzzle submissions (twins, from zero, negatives, etc.) whenever Patrick's ready.

skeeter84

Posted on: Thu Feb 11, 2016 5:39 am

I too enjoyed the many op puzzle.......with the horizontal 3 celled cages, it gave me the feeling of the Saturday 8x8 patterned puzzle......well done skeeter 84 [smile]

Posted on: Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:11 am

Thanks beaker and everybody else who liked my many op puzzle. Ditto for anybody who didn't particularly care for it - I'm just glad you tried it at all. [smile]

Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]