View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:45 am

← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Travels 

Posted on: Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:54 pm

Post Travels
Tueingen tomorrow for 2 nights then
Freiburg again 2 nights
then Ormalingen for 10 nights

stay safe:)

Posted on: Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:31 pm

Post Re: Travels
frederick wrote:
Tueingen tomorrow for 2 nights then
Freiburg again 2 nights
then Ormalingen for 10 nights

stay safe:)

Nice trip, good luck with everything [thumbup]

Posted on: Thu Jun 02, 2022 12:34 pm

I moved this topic to "other number stuff",
wasn't sure where to put it [huh]

Posted on: Fri Jun 03, 2022 9:55 pm

pnm wrote:
I moved this topic to "other number stuff",
wasn't sure where to put it [huh]

nods i suppose it does not matter

just a note, maybe others would like to share a coffee or a beer
maybe others would let us know of their travels

cheers clm thanks

Posted on: Fri Jun 03, 2022 10:41 pm

Have a good time on your vacation

Posted on: Sat Jun 04, 2022 2:46 am

For what it’s worth, I’m currently in Portugal.

I’ve fallen a bit behind in the rankings while I’ve been here, but I’ve decided to stop obsessing about doing all the puzzles every day and my life has become somewhat simpler. I still do as many as I can, but if I miss one or two it no longer totally stresses me out.

Another 5 nights to go before I head back home.

Posted on: Sat Jun 04, 2022 2:55 am

Is covid not much of a concern anymore in Europe or do you still wear masks when in public or stores?......as I have COPD, I would like to go places but am too uptight about my condition !
Am due for another booster shot in about a week and hope my brain lessens the anxiety I feel:)

Posted on: Sat Jun 04, 2022 10:06 am

beaker wrote:
Is covid not much of a concern anymore in Europe or do you still wear masks when in public or stores?......as I have COPD, I would like to go places but am too uptight about my condition !
Am due for another booster shot in about a week and hope my brain lessens the anxiety I feel:)

I think most precautions have been eased off in most of Europe. In Ireland, mask wearing is still advised but is only mandatory in health care settings (hospitals, doctors’ surgeries, pharmacies, etc.) and in nursing homes. It seems to be similar in Portugal, but they also require you to wear a face mask on public transport and in taxis and we were required to wear face masks for the duration of our flight to Portugal (but not in the airport). In restaurants, the staff all wear face masks (I don’t know if this is mandatory or just precautionary) , but the customers are not required to do do. We were in England recently and they seem to have got rid of pretty much all restrictions, although I guess some might still apply in health care settings.

My wife and I have already had 4 vaccines (two original and two boosters) and we both still managed to catch COVID last month. I think iI picked it up on my way back from Portugal and my wife Jennifer picked it about ten days later (presumably from exposure to me). In both cases, it was like a mild flu, but neither of us has an underlying health condition and we had both been quadruply vaccinated.

I hope you manage to keep safe and well.

Paul

Posted on: Sat Jun 04, 2022 4:49 pm

paulv66 wrote:
I’ve fallen a bit behind in the rankings while I’ve been here, but I’ve decided to stop obsessing about doing all the puzzles every day and my life has become somewhat simpler. I still do as many as I can, but if I miss one or two it no longer totally stresses me out.
That's a good attitude [thumbup]
Puzzling should be for fun and not feel like an obligation [smile]

Posted on: Sat Jun 04, 2022 6:54 pm

I have tried in the past to cut back, but usually get back to doing all that which I am capable of doing......but now I am getting more comfortable about not doing one or two some days.......probably age related as one starts thinking about other things one should do instead of spending an hour trying to do some of the harder "killers".........but I do still enjoy being on this site to do take up some of the day and to read the forum :)

Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next