View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:40 pm



← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page




Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 forgot liked stocks 
Author Message

Posted on: Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:16 am




Posts: 919
Location: Ladysmith, BC, Canada
Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 1:37 am
Post forgot liked stocks
I forgot about the cross indicating a "liked" puzzle......so wish to convey that I did like both 7x7's today [smile].....why no one corrected stocks for puzzles is beyond me [lol]


Last edited by beaker on Fri Sep 02, 2022 7:10 am, edited 2 times in total.



Profile

Posted on: Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:40 pm




Posts: 147
Location: Canada
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:40 pm
Post Re: forgot liked stocks
beaker wrote:
I forgot about the cross indicating a "liked" puzzle......so wish to convey that I did like both 7x7's today [smile]


Nods yes Beaker: It comes and goes too quickly


Profile

Posted on: Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:59 pm




Posts: 204
Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 2:11 am
Post Re: forgot liked stocks
I'm still getting used to it existing but it might be helpful to add it next to the "(Note that you've already solved this puzzle)" or somewhere else on the page because I've missed it a few times too.


Profile
User avatar

Posted on: Wed Aug 10, 2022 9:05 pm




Posts: 3153
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 11:58 pm
Post Re: forgot liked stocks
starling wrote:
I'm still getting used to it existing but it might be helpful to add it next to the "(Note that you've already solved this puzzle)" or somewhere else on the page because I've missed it a few times too.


Yes, to make it still available, as long as you've solved the puzzle, makes sense, thanks.


Profile

Posted on: Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:48 am




Posts: 919
Location: Ladysmith, BC, Canada
Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 1:37 am
Post Re: forgot liked stocks
Forgot another one , this being the medium 8x8!!


Profile

Posted on: Sat Aug 20, 2022 1:41 am




Posts: 919
Location: Ladysmith, BC, Canada
Joined: Fri May 13, 2011 1:37 am
Post Re: forgot liked stocks
And another......the multiplying 8x8


Profile

Posted on: Fri Aug 26, 2022 3:22 pm




Posts: 248
Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 4:55 pm
Post Re: forgot liked stocks
Forgot one too: I really liked today's difficult 6x6 [thumbup]


Profile

Posted on: Sat Aug 27, 2022 1:37 pm




Posts: 267
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 11:51 pm
Post Re: forgot liked stocks
I'm not sure that I especially liked today's (8/27) 8x8 difficult but I did think that it was unusually difficult for its type.


Profile

Posted on: Sat Aug 27, 2022 6:12 pm




Posts: 8
Location: Austin Texas
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2019 7:57 am
Post Re: forgot liked stocks
sjs34 wrote:
I'm not sure that I especially liked today's (8/27) 8x8 difficult but I did think that it was unusually difficult for its type.


I find myself liking every difficult puzzle I solve simply because I am filled with feelings of success (reinforced by the endorphin rush of finally seeing the familiar all-green puzzle [tongue]), so my "like" becomes more a reflection of my ability than whether the puzzle is intrinsically interesting or clever. If the purpose of liking puzzles is to train an AI to design better puzzles, I suspect my contributions are not helpful.


Profile
User avatar

Posted on: Sun Aug 28, 2022 12:03 pm




Posts: 3153
Joined: Thu May 12, 2011 11:58 pm
Post Re: forgot liked stocks
flash wrote:
I find myself liking every difficult puzzle I solve simply because I am filled with feelings of success (reinforced by the endorphin rush of finally seeing the familiar all-green puzzle [tongue]), so my "like" becomes more a reflection of my ability than whether the puzzle is intrinsically interesting or clever. If the purpose of liking puzzles is to train an AI to design better puzzles, I suspect my contributions are not helpful.


Good point, and interesting idea (train the software to design better puzzles).

A first idea was just to know more about which are the favourite puzzles. Are there puzzles
which are almost never liked, for example?

Another could be to put the most liked puzzles in the newsletter / a book / etc.


Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
All forum contents © Patrick Min, and by the post authors.

Forum software phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.