View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:20 am

← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 side ad and phone ad change 

Posted on: Thu Mar 11, 2021 3:17 pm

side ad and phone ad change
The ads to the right of the puzzle and the ad on phones are now being supplied by a different ad provider.

As always, inappropriate ad categories have been blocked.

Please let me know if you do see a strange/inappropriate ad (and ideally send me a screenshot as well)

thanks [thumbup]

Posted on: Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:10 pm

Post Re: side ad and phone ad change
De advertenties lopen over de puzzels heen. Ik moet vaak de puzzel verplaatsen om hem in zijn geheel te kunnen zien. Ik merk bij mijzelf dat ik dat onprettig vind: het vermindert duidelijk het puzzelplezier. Maar ja, ik wil jou zeker niet je inkomsten onthouden...

Posted on: Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:45 pm

nicow wrote:
De advertenties lopen over de puzzels heen. Ik moet vaak de puzzel verplaatsen om hem in zijn geheel te kunnen zien. Ik merk bij mijzelf dat ik dat onprettig vind: het vermindert duidelijk het puzzelplezier. Maar ja, ik wil jou zeker niet je inkomsten onthouden...

Op wat voor "platform" is dit? (PC / tablet / telefoon?)

Is het mogelijk om een "screenshot" te sturen?

bedankt [thumbup]

edit: translated replies:

nicow wrote:
The ads are covering the puzzles. I often have to move the puzzle to be able to see it completely. I noticed that I find this unpleasant: it clearly reduces the puzzling enjoyment. Then again, I don't want to deprive you of your income...

On what "platform" is this? (PC / tablet / phone?)

Is it possible to send a screenshot?

thanks [thumbup]

Posted on: Sun Mar 14, 2021 1:16 pm

nicow wrote:
The ads are covering the puzzles. I often have to move the puzzle to be able to see it completely. I noticed that I find this unpleasant: it clearly reduces the puzzling enjoyment. Then again, I don't want to deprive you of your income...

Do you maybe mean this situation:

If this is the case, note that it is not necessary to move the puzzle around, you can just close the bottom ad by clicking on the "X"
(this also applies to the phone ad at the bottom of the screen).

Let me know if this fixes things.

Posted on: Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:28 am

pnm wrote:

I would also like to say that the ads along the bottom of the screen are intrusive. The screenshot you have is very different to what I get, on my screen the ad along the bottom of the screen is much larger, your screen shot shows 8 visible rows, on mine it is only 2.5 visible rows. There is the 'X' to close the ad, but the ad is also wider on my screen and there is often a very similar 'X' in the ad that is very close and it is easy to click on the wrong 'X'.

Posted on: Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:45 am

michaele wrote:
The screenshot you have is very different to what I get, on my screen the ad along the bottom of the screen is much larger, your screen shot shows 8 visible rows, on mine it is only 2.5 visible rows.

Posted on: Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:25 am

pnm wrote:
michaele wrote:
The screenshot you have is very different to what I get, on my screen the ad along the bottom of the screen is much larger, your screen shot shows 8 visible rows, on mine it is only 2.5 visible rows.

Screen resolution is 1920x1080, the web browser is Google Chrome, and the browser window is maximised.
I have cropped the upper and lower edges to avoid sharing anything I shouldn't be.

Posted on: Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:33 am

michaele wrote:
Screen resolution is 1920x1080, the web browser is Google Chrome, and the browser window is maximised.
I have cropped the upper and lower edges to avoid sharing anything I shouldn't be.

Thanks for that.

I'll probably remove that "sticky ad", even though it's better (from the ad provider's point of view).

They are asking me to put even more ads, but I have to keep the user experience in mind.

edit: what's strange though, the "area with content" of the site is about 1000 pixels wide,
but in that screenshot it takes up 1920 pixels?

Posted on: Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:20 pm

I’m slightly puzzled by the above exchange. I don’t see any ads and I thought this was one of the benefits of being a subscriber?

Posted on: Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:29 pm

paulv66 wrote:
I’m slightly puzzled by the above exchange. I don’t see any ads and I thought this was one of the benefits of being a subscriber?

That is correct, subscribers don't see ads (scream if you do see one [tongue] )

So this thread is only relevant to non-subscribers, really.

Maybe I should go the kenken.com route, I count roughly 7 Google ads (several of which seem to refresh
every minute), and 5 "internal" ads ("want kenken ad-free?" etc.)...

calcudoku.org has a max of 3 ads on a page (!)

Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next