View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:39 am

← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page

Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 achievements 

Posted on: Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:05 pm

Post Re: achievements
eclipsegirl wrote:
Patrick,
There is a new achievement for solving a puzzle in each of the four "Calcudoku Advanced" books

The people who have turned in all the book puzzles clearly achieved this. Is there any way to make their work retroactively became eligible for this achievement?

I had the same thought and it occurred to me that I might be able to resubmit puzzles that I had already submitted (albeit without scoring any additional points). So I tried this with one of the puzzles, but I just got an error message saying that I had already submitted a solution. I checked my list of achievements to see if I had now been awarded bookworm status, but it didn't show up.

Posted on: Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:06 pm

eclipsegirl wrote:
Patrick,
There is a new achievement for solving a puzzle in each of the four "Calcudoku Advanced" books

The people who have turned in all the book puzzles clearly achieved this. Is there any way to make their work retroactively became eligible for this achievement?

Yes, I still need to test the code for that achievement,
_and_ add something that sets the achievement for those who have already done this,

or publish a Calcudoku Advanced Volume V and award it only for
submitting a puzzle from each of the FIVE books [lol]

Posted on: Sun Feb 14, 2021 5:18 pm

pnm wrote:
Yes, I still need to test the code for that achievement,
_and_ add something that sets the achievement for those who have already done this,

or publish a Calcudoku Advanced Volume V and award it only for
submitting a puzzle from each of the FIVE books [lol]

Option (b) would be good. But you would still need to be able to grant retrospective credit for those who have solved puzzles from the earlier books.

Posted on: Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:24 pm

I have an idea.

Call it "Sometimes You Get Lucky"

It would be for timed puzzles. To qualify, the participant has to one of people who get into the top 25, of each size puzzle.

It wouldn't be for a calendar year; it would be for all time.
If I got lucky enough and got into the top 25 on the 4 x 4 this year, that part of the achievement would count forever.

(Ideally, it would be retroactive as then I would receive the achievement. [namaste] )

My rationale is that I will never attain two speedster achievements.
There should be something easier for others.

Posted on: Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:26 pm

eclipsegirl wrote:
I have an idea.

Call it "Sometimes You Get Lucky"

That's an interesting idea. It could be an achievement that _only_ those people get who normally don't get into the top 25.

(say if you hadn't made the top 25 in 100 days, and then you did).

I'd like to stick with the achievements resetting each year though.

Posted on: Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:50 pm

You get to work with the idea.

For some of us, we really only have a chance at getting in the top 25 on the 8 x 8, partially because it is subscribers only.

I don't remember when you added an extra pt for being in the top 25, but since you did, I have only been in the top 25 for 4 x 4 once.

Or potentially, if a person gets into their personal top 10 or top 25 scores?
I assume its harder to track that one.

Posted on: Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:31 pm

I am wondering if the "Total number of puzzles solved" could be an individual achievement. For instance: 25,000 , 50,000 , 75,000

In my particular case, in about 12 or 14 days I would have in my history a total of 100,000 puzzles solved, and I would be more happy of seeing this "achievement" better than the "BABY STEPS", "MIDDLE OF THE ROAD" or "WEEK STREAK" :-) :-) , though I understand this is more a permanent "achievement".

Posted on: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:16 pm

clm wrote:
I am wondering if the "Total number of puzzles solved" could be an individual achievement. For instance: 25,000 , 50,000 , 75,000

In my particular case, in about 12 or 14 days I would have in my history a total of 100,000 puzzles solved, and I would be more happy of seeing this "achievement" better than the "BABY STEPS", "MIDDLE OF THE ROAD" or "WEEK STREAK" :-) :-) , though I understand this is more a permanent "achievement".

Good idea clm, thanks [thumbsup]

Posted on: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:45 am

pnm wrote:
clm wrote:

Good idea clm, thanks [thumbsup]

Got. I have finally crossed the line and reached 100,005 puzzles solved.

Posted on: Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:31 pm

My original goal was 50,000 and now that I am well over 60,000, my next goal will be 75,000.........presently, I think I solve about 6100/year........age is starting to impeded numbers solved on some days [sad].......you could have achievement levels .........say every 25,000?
Whoops, didn't read clm's post:)

Last edited by beaker on Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

Reply to topic   [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next