View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:21 pm

← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page

Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next
 achievements 

Posted on: Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:14 pm

Post Re: achievements
Would not the dagger for completion of 2 killers on Thursday be included (what about including all days that have 2 killers with a dagger)?

Posted on: Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:28 pm

beaker wrote:
Would not the dagger for completion of 2 killers on Thursday be included (what about including all days that have 2 killers with a dagger)?

If I remember correctly, the dagger is for solving the difficult Killer Sudoku on Friday.

But yes, the possibilities are endless. There could be a sword for solving 5 of those in a row for example, etc. etc...

Posted on: Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:46 am

I had noticed the achievements selection under WELCOME <your name> a few days ago, but it was empty for me, at the time

I now have a 7 day achievement.
I like the way it looks.

Thank you.

Posted on: Wed Jan 13, 2021 6:56 pm

me too, as eclipsegirl, I like the way it looks [smile]

Posted on: Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:07 pm

Hi, Patrick
I have observed that the achievement: DEEP THOUGHT You solved all of Tuesday's difficult puzzles on Tuesday, does not show the green check mark and the time tag, as the other achievements.

I also like the way this new feature looks. I suppose that you plan to slowly increase the type of achievements … (the WEEK STREAK looks specially encouraging for new puzzlers, since you can get it simply by sending a 4x4 everyday of the week).

BTW, when I suggested (Jan 11) a new category, called Statistics, between Ranking and Books, for instance, I was not referring to the individual achievements, but to the various "global" achievements (at that time I had not seen yet the new individual "Achievements" under the user's "Welcome") [cool] (anyway I understand the amount of additional work it would represent, including the translations) [smile] .

Posted on: Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:12 pm

clm wrote:
Hi, Patrick
I have observed that the achievement: DEEP THOUGHT You solved all of Tuesday's difficult puzzles on Tuesday, does not show the green check mark and the time tag, as the other achievements.

That is correct.

You did not achieve this achievement yet!
(since the achievement appeared [lol] )

clm wrote:

BTW, when I suggested (Jan 11) a new category, called Statistics, between Ranking and Books, for instance, I was not referring to the individual achievements, but to the various "global" achievements

Yes, I understood that to be more of a separate page with statistics. That's possible,
but a different thing altogether of course.

Posted on: Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:49 pm

Thanks, [thumbsup]

Posted on: Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:58 am

I just saw the achievement for a twin......"cute" [smile]

Posted on: Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:36 am

pnm wrote:
anyone have ideas for other achievements?

Me, me, me! [biggrin] I've played lots of casual games, like MS Solitaire, MS Mahjong, MS Minesweeper, MS Jigsaw, so I've encountered a bunch of tasks, from nearly impossible (“Complete an Expert Classic Jigsaw puzzle by finishing the interior before attaching the edge pieces” © Jigsaw, “Defeat 10 snakes without defeating other monsters in-between” © Minesweeper) to those that are assigned automatically if you simply keep playing meticulously (e.g. “Read the tutorial”, “Complete all daily challenges”). And there were some funny ones, like “Fill the entire field with flags” in Minesweeper, which is basically click-click-click – 81 times or so.

Basing on those achievements, I've come up with a few ideas of what could be applied to Calcudoku (in no particular order):
Good memory
Solve a non-Easy puzzle without using the pencil tool
I want it that way
Alter both the board scale and the position of the numpad
In the nick of time
Solve any puzzle (for the first time) a minute before deadline
The winner takes it all
Solve all* puzzles of a certain day in time (i.e. receive points for each and every puzzle)
Stepwise
Solve all* today's puzzles before the day ends and in the exact order they are listed, e.g. Easy 4×4 → Easy 5×5 → Easy Killer → Easy Sudoku → Medium 4×4 → Medium 6×6 → ………
// This might be tricky, because the website will offer the next unsolved puzzles in the wrong order [tongue]
* When speaking of “all puzzles”, perhaps we should exclude the three paid ones.
Medley
Solve every non-standard** puzzle: modulo, bitwise, power, subtraction only, starting with zero…
** The list should probably exclude 15×15, −3 to 3 and other extras that are available to subscribers only and never to regular users.
Treasure trove
Solve a bonus puzzle
New reader
Submit a solution of a book puzzle
Bookworm
Submit all solutions within a book
Perfectionist (subscribers only)
Solve all today's puzzles before the day ends (i.e. have the entire puzzle list– bar, whatever – painted green)

// Of course the titles and descriptions are rough.

Also, I'd like to note that the series of casual games I've mentioned has got several types of awards. Achievements like “Solve [a certain set of fields]”, or “Win a game of FreeCell without exceeding 7 cards in a column” © Solitaire, or “When clearing the board, save a pair of golden tiles for last” © Mahjong, will stay in your profile forever, while new badges can be earned each month by solving daily tasks (but the previous ones still remain visible, too).
MS Solitaire goes even further: in addition to achievements for classic games and badges for daily challenges, they award bracelets for daily events (the ones where you compete against other members), and these bracelets get cumulated in your profile, i.e. after solving 500 tasks you will have five bracelets of the type “100 tasks solved”, and you might have a dozen “Expert level solved in less than five minutes”, and forty “I’m in Top-10”, and a couple of “Third place”, et cetera, et cetera. Here's just some random pic from Google for reference: https://filestore.community.support.mic ... pload=true

What I'm trying to say is: maybe some achievements need a counter of how many times they were, um, achieved?

Profile WWW

Posted on: Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:10 am

pnm wrote:
That is correct.

You did not achieve this achievement yet!
(since the achievement appeared [lol] )

I am not sure if it is ever going to be attainable for non-subs. I think there is always an extra puzzle on Tuesdays, making it impossible for the non-subs to achieve (also it would not be fair if it were easier to achieve for non-subs).

BTW, do you need to achieve all three speed records for Speed Demon, or is one (or two) out of 3 enough?

Reply to topic   [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next