View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:25 pm

← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page

Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Greetings 

Posted on: Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:10 am

Post Re: Greetings
Not sure when you left.

But welcome back, even if its to check in. [thumbsup]

Posted on: Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:06 am

Thanks for the welcome back. :) I'm doing some puzzles. Letting my kids do some too. They're old enough now! I'm astonished how slow my timed puzzles are now lol.

Posted on: Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:59 pm

Well, I started this topic with St. Pats greetings ......and now I would like to wish all you fathers a HAPPY FATHERS DAY......enjoy [thumbsup] (and a belated HAPPY MOTHERS DAY [thumbsup] .....kinda forgot that one as I am of the wrong sex)......my treat for myself will be a nice cruise up the Island as restaurants are out of the question......quite the new environment in which we now find ourselves......stay safe and enjoy the day who ever you are [thumbsup]

Posted on: Sat Jul 04, 2020 7:38 pm

And now a HAPPY JULY 4th to the American users wherever they might be and to their countrymen.......stay safe and enjoy the weekend [smile]

Posted on: Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:31 am

Greetings: a happy Thanksgiving to all my fellow Canadian puzzlers and to any other puzzlers of nations who also have a Thanksgiving Holiday today......stay safe, masked and with distance in these trying times..... [smile]

Posted on: Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:33 am

Happy Thanksgiving Beaker.

Posted on: Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:10 pm

beaker wrote:
Greetings: a happy Thanksgiving to all my fellow Canadian puzzlers and to any other puzzlers of nations who also have a Thanksgiving Holiday today......stay safe, masked and with distance in these trying times..... [smile]

Happy Thanksgiving day for you, beaker, all for all my canadian friends, frederick and others.

The Thanksgiving day in Canada is celebrated the second Monday of October, while in USA or Brazil it is celebrated the fourth Thursday of November, and in some other countries around the same date.

Curiously today it is coincident with the Spanishness day. This day is holiday in Spain, every year, regardless of the day of the week, "To commemorate the arrival of Columbus in Americas in 1492. It is also celebrated as the day of the Armed Forces in Spain". It's mainly a political celebration in Spain, with parades, etc., also some south american countries celebrate the Spanishness, and even there is a well known parade in New York, festive, probably due to the big Spanish speaking population there.

The coincidence of this year is not very frequent, last time that October, the 12, was coincident with the second Monday of the month was in 2015 (the previous match I was not yet a member of the "Calcudoku Club").

But the difference with you and USA, … , is that, here, nobody celebrate anything at home [crying], that is, no roast turkey and no "peace pipe and pumpkin pie". This is very sad and very unfortunate for me, I really like the roast turkey, with strawberry, gooseberry or cranberry sauce. It can be accompanied with a good pink or red wine [smile] [smile], in this way we would comply with the classical suggestion "In vino veritas, in aqua sanitas". I would really like that we also had this nice tradition, in this case I would even test the pipe, though I do not usually smoke.

Posted on: Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:28 pm

CLM: thanks for your post.....very educational [smile]

Posted on: Fri Dec 25, 2020 1:03 am

A Season's Greetings to all my fellow puzzlers.....and A Happier New Year than last year's........hopefully we will all get back to a "normal" life once again......and on that point stay safe, wear your mask and be careful with any gatherings......for my wife and I, we will not have adult children nor the grandkids over......instead we are making our normal meal (Austrian) Christmas eve dinner (as they all love the pork and chicken schnitzel) and our son and daughter will be pick up their family's portions.......at which time presents will be exchanged.......not the greatest scenario but hopefully it will only be 1 Christmas out of many more to come [smile]

Posted on: Fri Dec 25, 2020 7:55 pm

Merry Christmas
Happy Holidays
And a Joyous new year to all.

Reply to topic   [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next