View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:12 pm

← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 if you have time left 

Posted on: Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:12 am

Post Re: if you have time left
cecileb wrote:
Sometimes I feel as if I am out of my league with all the math and programming discussions. So if this question sounds silly, I apologize. I would like to try that 13x13 puzzle, but how do I find out whether the solution I arrive at is correct? I'm accustomed to the error-checking feature and final message "congratulations, you solved the puzzle" on Patrick's site. It's just too tedious to check things for myself. It would be easy to see that each row and column contained only one of each number 1 thru 13. But then the answer to some operation in one of the cages might be wrong, and escape my notice. (I have an unfortunate tendency to make careless errors.)

cecileb

If you don't trust yourself, you could always send Patrick your solution and he could verify it for you...

Posted on: Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:24 am

cecileb wrote:
It's just too tedious to check things for myself. It would be easy to see that each row and column contained only one of each number 1 thru 13. But then the answer to some operation in one of the cages might be wrong, and escape my notice. (I have an unfortunate tendency to make careless errors.)

Ok, the solution is here, but no peeking!
:-)
Patrick

Posted on: Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:17 pm

You should permit to solve the problem and mark 20 points and after a week put the solution! [smile] [smile]

Posted on: Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:30 pm

jomapil wrote:
You should permit to solve the problem and mark 20 points and after a week put the solution! [smile] [smile]

Interesting idea, because that is in fact possible.
All I'd have to do is assign a "special" book code to the puzzle, and it would work..
Patrick

Posted on: Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:36 pm

pnm wrote:
jomapil wrote:

Interesting idea, because that is in fact possible.
All I'd have to do is assign a "special" book code to the puzzle, and it would work..
Patrick

That would be neat. For future though because I don't want to have to solve this one again when I've already done it.

Posted on: Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:45 am

sneaklyfox wrote:
That would be neat. For future though because I don't want to have to solve this one again when I've already done it.

Well this one for sure won't be included, because I've already posted the solution.
(that said, I suppose I also published the book puzzle solutions..)
Patrick

Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2