View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:40 pm

← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page

Reply to topic  [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
 Rankings by year 

Posted on: Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:10 am

Post Re: Rankings by year
Missed yet another Killer Sudoku today. I was travelling home from Portugal, which took about 8 hours in total door to door and I had some things to catch up on when I got home. So I did my usual trick of brain turning to mush when I tried to solve the killer with about an hour to go to the deadline. Not sure why this nearly always happens, but I have to stop letting it annoy me so much! [cursing]

Posted on: Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:24 am

paulv66 wrote:
Missed yet another Killer Sudoku today. I was travelling home from Portugal, which took about 8 hours in total door to door and I had some things to catch up on when I got home. So I did my usual trick of brain turning to mush when I tried to solve the killer with about an hour to go to the deadline. Not sure why this nearly always happens, but I have to stop letting it annoy me so much! [cursing]

Just stop travelling altogether and stay home [tongue]

Posted on: Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:07 am

what's one puzzle or two in the grand scheme of life....I used to get upset when I either missed a puzzle or could not get one that I thought I should be able to solve......I guess age is giving me s slightly different view of missing a puzzle [smile] ......I envy your ability to travel [sad]

Posted on: Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:03 pm

pnm wrote:
[
Just stop travelling altogether and stay home [tongue]

That is why I was so mad at myself two weeks or so ago when I missed the Sudoku.

We are not traveling this year and I could have been one of the people in the top spot this year.
we are planning on traveling next year. Keeping our fingers crossed.

Posted on: Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:09 am

To be honest, the compulsion to complete all the daily puzzles within the time permitted is a self imposed restriction that should not feature so highly in one’s list of priorities.

It’s up there with having a Fitbit and feeling that you absolutely must do 10,000 steps every day, no matter what. And yes, I have a Fitbit and have allowed that target to become another daily chore.

I think if I wasn’t retired, I would not have the luxury of being able to allow such things to become a priority. And I guess both objectives could be seen as something that’s potentially beneficial - one to ensure that the mind remains active, the other the body. But only if it doesn’t become an obsession.

Now, if you’ll excuse me, I still have 1,800 steps to complete before midnight! [scared] [wink] :-)

Posted on: Sun Nov 21, 2021 2:37 am

LOL.....just finished my steps for the day [thumbsup]

Posted on: Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:35 am

pnm wrote:
ddarthez wrote:
I think it would be useful to be given the option on 'solve next puzzle' to include the killers and the sudokus. That way, you'll get a reminder that those are unsolved. That is how I messed up in the middle of moving house last year. And that probably would have saved your streak too.

Yes, that's a good idea.

I think the "solve next puzzle" feature was added before there were Sudokus or Killer Sudokus on the site (not sure).

Any progress to report on this Patrick? Just a gentle reminder.

Posted on: Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:43 am

ddarthez wrote:
Any progress to report on this Patrick? Just a gentle reminder.

Thanks for the reminder [smile]

Higher on the list at the moment is checking if the achievements will reset correctly come 2022.. [scared]

Posted on: Mon Dec 27, 2021 3:56 pm

pnm wrote:
Higher on the list at the moment is checking if the achievements will reset correctly come 2022.. [scared]

This should work now: all achievements (except the "Everest" one) reset on January 1st [woot]

Posted on: Sat Jan 01, 2022 12:18 pm

Achievements have been reset, but year to date totals include last year’s figures (plus today’s total).

Reply to topic   [ 152 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next