View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:44 am

← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Poor internet connection 

Posted on: Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:53 pm

Post Poor internet connection
At the moment I am suffering from extremely poor internet connection. Which results in:

a) timed puzzles timing out while loading - they do count for the day, and today for instance I have not been able to do a timed 6x6 as a result. That is basically a lost point to me as far as I know. Sure page load times will be over a minute (I never get to see them), but is it not possible to NOT count a puzzle if page load time is over 60 seconds, AND that puzzle has not been submitted by a user?

b) timed puzzles when solved timing out when checking the solution. This has happened twice to me now in the last couple of days (and in today's 4x4). Simply erasing the last number filled in, and then refilling that square will work to get a time on the board, but obviously the time will be a disaster then. I don't think there is much to be done about that one.

c) the timer occasionally remaining stuck on 0.00 or counting really slowly (half as quick as it should). The actual time reported when solving a puzzle seems reasonably accurate,

The timed puzzles already work a lot better on a tethered connection that I am using than on the cell phone (for some strange reason; the regular puzzles seem to work a lot better on the phone). Anyway, just reporting, since I am not sure if code works as intended.

Posted on: Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:13 pm

Post Re: Poor internet connection
I can do some comparing, to see if the timed puzzle page needs more bandwidth (I don't expect it,
but you never know), and if I can improve that.

Posted on: Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:28 am

Post Re: Poor internet connection
I feel your pain. My internet connection is not as bad as yours but it kicks out often enough to be irritating.

Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]