View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:00 am

← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page

Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 February puzzel-Red Cross tribute 

Posted on: Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:13 pm

Post Re: February puzzel-Red Cross tribute
clm wrote:
I am a little surprised at the apparent low interest (comments on the solutions, etc. ... ) on these two beautiful 16x16 "Red Cross" puzzles provided by nicow.

well, 127 views so far...

Patrick

Posted on: Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:13 pm

pnm wrote:
clm wrote:
I am a little surprised at the apparent low interest (comments on the solutions, etc. ... ) on these two beautiful 16x16 "Red Cross" puzzles provided by nicow.

well, 127 views so far...

Patrick

Yes, that could be a hopeful indication.
By the way, Patrick, would it be possible to have an idea of how many correct solutions of the Christmas Puzzle were sent on time? (perhaps I should have made this question in its own thread).

Posted on: Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:58 pm

clm wrote:
By the way, Patrick, would it be possible to have an idea of how many correct solutions of the Christmas Puzzle were sent on time? (perhaps I should have made this question in its own thread).

8 people submitted a correct solution.
Patrick

Posted on: Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:27 pm

pnm wrote:
clm wrote:

Patrick

Wow, only 8? I'm surprised. I thought there'd be more than that. More people than that do the 12x12s each week and the Christmas Puzzle was worth 25 points.

As for the Red Cross puzzle, it does look lovely and fun. I used to try some special and/or smaller puzzles most of the time but unfortunately there are a lot of other things for me to do now to spend that much effort on a puzzle that doesn't reward any points.

Posted on: Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:12 am

sneaklyfox wrote:
pnm wrote:
clm wrote:

Patrick

Wow, only 8? I'm surprised. I thought there'd be more than that. More people than that do the 12x12s each week and the Christmas Puzzle was worth 25 points.

As for the Red Cross puzzle, it does look lovely and fun. I used to try some special and/or smaller puzzles most of the time but unfortunately there are a lot of other things for me to do now to spend that much effort on a puzzle that doesn't reward any points.

I expect that since it was based through the forum fewer people might have seen it.

I specifically just forgot.

Posted on: Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:08 am

pnm wrote:
clm wrote:

Patrick

I never saw an announcement for a puzzle code for the Christmas puzzle so I never submitted a solution. I was expecting another entry in the Christmas puzzle thread with the code, but it never showed up. What did I miss?

Posted on: Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:17 am

I think Patrick added an edit to his first post rather than posting a new message (because I couldn't find it either, so went back and checked all the posts).

Posted on: Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:39 am

beaker wrote:
I think Patrick added an edit to his first post rather than posting a new message (because I couldn't find it either, so went back and checked all the posts).

That was a problem too because I kept checking everyday for a code but there were no new posts with a code. Fortunately I looked back because then I started to wonder if I had missed anything. Maybe in future, the puzzle should be posted on the main page in a section by itself like another puzzle...

Posted on: Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:33 am

clm wrote:

Patrick

I never saw an announcement for a puzzle code for the Christmas puzzle so I never submitted a solution. I was expecting another entry in the Christmas puzzle thread with the code, but it never showed up. What did I miss?

I also missed the code, because i was also looking for a new post

Posted on: Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:35 pm

tom wrote:
I also missed the code, because i was also looking for a new post

I guess next time I should do both...
(edit the original post for first-time viewers, and add a new post for people
who already read the thread)

Reply to topic   [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next