View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:57 pm

← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page

Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 redesign ideas 

Posted on: Mon May 21, 2012 1:05 pm

Post Re: redesign ideas
Where is the solver rating for the bonus puzzles currently?

When printing on my system (MacBook Pro/Safari) at present, the lower part of the bottom row gets cut off of the first page on the 9x9s and the 10x10s regularly and occasionally on the 8x8s if there are lots of extra messages above.

Posted on: Mon May 21, 2012 1:09 pm

sjs34 wrote:
When printing on my system (MacBook Pro/Safari) at present, the lower part of the bottom row gets cut off of the first page on the 9x9s and the 10x10s regularly and occasionally on the 8x8s if there are lots of extra messages above.

Is that still the case now? I cleaned up the print page a bit this morning.

Edit: I just did a test print of a 9x9 and a 10x10, and they fit easily
(7 cm free space below the 9x9, and 8 cm free space below the 10x10)

Last edited by pnm on Mon May 21, 2012 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted on: Mon May 21, 2012 1:26 pm

The bottom lines of today's 9x9 and May 18's 10x10 still didn't get on page 1. The sides of the cells on the 9x9 were OK and better on the 10x10 but still a little short.

Another thought: The book and time icons next to individual names on the 7 day ranking list do not add much useful information and distract from the golden star.

Posted on: Mon May 21, 2012 1:34 pm

sjs34 wrote:
Another thought: The book and time icons next to individual names on the 7 day ranking list do not add much useful information and distract from the golden star.

So the golden star should be large and sparkling :-)

Posted on: Mon May 21, 2012 1:55 pm

Strong sedate presence is fine.

Posted on: Tue May 22, 2012 1:08 am

[quote="sjs34"]The bottom lines of today's 9x9 and May 18's 10x10 still didn't get on page 1. The sides of the cells on the 9x9 were OK and better on the 10x10 but still a little short.

Before printing, look at the preview of the print (right click on my computer) and then reduce size of the page to about 90% (trial and error) and when page fits with all the cages then print......this is how I solved the same problem.

Posted on: Tue May 22, 2012 2:55 am

jotempe wrote:
...so I leave the partial solution for a few hours, than come back, finish the solution, and learn that 'if you were logged on..."

It would be really nice in those cases to be given the option to log in at that point. I've gotten burned a few times, so I try to remember to open a new tab and make sure I'm still logged in before continuing with a large puzzle. At least the box that covers up the puzzle is mostly transparent so you can still see your solution if you log in in a new window to copy your solution to resubmit it.

Also, if I click on the forum link from a page where I've been logged out due to inactivity I get a blank page with a URL that has something like "forum login" in it. (Sorry, I don't have the right text at the moment; I'm logged in. :-) )

Posted on: Tue May 22, 2012 5:00 am

pnm wrote:
jotempe wrote:
1) Where is the "solver rating" gone? I can't find it.

If you hover over "rating" you see a tooltip with the puzzle id and solver rating.

But I'm going to move that text anyway I think (simply put it after the stars).
And it's possibly one of those things that doesn't work in IE again.

The solver rating is still missing for me (Chrome 19.0.1084.46). I see an empty set of parentheses after the star rating.

(I hope you don't think I'm nagging, I'm just trying to be helpful, honest! [thumbup] )

Posted on: Tue May 22, 2012 3:44 pm

mparisi wrote:
jotempe wrote:
...so I leave the partial solution for a few hours, than come back, finish the solution, and learn that 'if you were logged on..."

It would be really nice in those cases to be given the option to log in at that point. I've gotten burned a few times, so I try to remember to open a new tab and make sure I'm still logged in before continuing with a large puzzle. At least the box that covers up the puzzle is mostly transparent so you can still see your solution if you log in in a new window to copy your solution to resubmit it.

Well, you may close the trasparent box safely and see you solution clearly. Then either log on in anothr window/tab, or make a screen dump and copy the solution from it. It is just annoying that you have to retype the solution again, after logging on.

Posted on: Tue May 22, 2012 3:53 pm

jake4 wrote:
The solver rating is still missing for me (Chrome 19.0.1084.46). I see an empty set of parentheses after the star rating.

Very annoying that I can't reproduce that here.
If this happens, and you open the Developer console (Ctrl + Shift + j) do you see any error messages
(in red) in the console?
[qoute="jake4"](I hope you don't think I'm nagging, I'm just trying to be helpful, honest! [thumbup] )[/quote]
No, not at all, keep the feedback coming..

Reply to topic   [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next