View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:21 pm

← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page

Reply to topic  [ 211 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
 Any suggestions? 

Posted on: Fri May 25, 2012 4:36 am

Post Re: Any suggestions?
jake4 wrote:
I've always wondered why the first untimed puzzle presented each day is the 6x6 easy. I always have to click on the 4x4 easy, since I like to work my way up.

Same here.

Posted on: Fri May 25, 2012 9:47 am

sneaklyfox wrote:
jake4 wrote:
I've always wondered why the first untimed puzzle presented each day is the 6x6 easy. I always have to click on the 4x4 easy, since I like to work my way up.

Same here.

... and me too.

Posted on: Fri May 25, 2012 10:29 am

mparisi wrote:
1. When you reach your bonus puzzle target submitting your puzzle dialog box tells you so; however if you do another daily puzzle without doing the current bonus puzzle it goes back to saying "You are xx points away from your next bonus puzzle!" even though a current bonus puzzle is available.

Yes, that's the number of points until the next one.
mparisi wrote:
2. There is a delay in the dialog box before the "Go to the next unsolved puzzle of this day" link comes up; I'm usually too impatient to wait for it so I click on the next non-green puzzle selector on the main page anyway, which is in itself a minor annoyance

That's a relic from the time when there was an ad in the "solved box": I figured people needed 2 seconds to look at the ad :-)
mparisi wrote:
, but when you've done all your daily puzzles and you are waiting for the text you will wait a long time. :-) How about putting out something like "You have finished all your daily puzzles"

Yes, good suggestion, maybe tell people they got their gold star as well.
mparisi wrote:
3. On the timed puzzle selector page you have to click on the size selector before you click on the go button. How about either making the 4x4, 5x5, and 6x6 selectors buttons that go directly to the puzzle. Alternatively start out with the 4x4 size highlighted, and when you've done all three highlight the 5x5 size, etc.

Thanks, another good small usability improvement.

Posted on: Fri May 25, 2012 6:52 pm

pnm wrote:
jake4 wrote:
And as long as I'm posting, I have another suggestion. When I click on the number indicating the number of unread forum posts, I'd like to be taken straight to http://www.calcudoku.org/forum/search.php?search_id=unreadposts instead of the main forum page.

Man, that's so obvious I missed it completely..
thanks much :-)

Hey Patrick, thanks again for working on my solver rating/facebook problem. Just wanted to remind you about the (hopefully) quick fix above from a couple pages back.

And now that you've added the A=10, B=11, C=12 functionality and are looking at the "minor glitch" that was reported, I hope you'll be able to add "negative guess" functionality as well. We're really going to need that when the {-3...3} puzzles start.

Posted on: Fri May 25, 2012 7:45 pm

jake4 wrote:
Hey Patrick, thanks again for working on my solver rating/facebook problem. Just wanted to remind you about the (hopefully) quick fix above from a couple pages back.

I hadn't forgotten, but that one is a little bit more involved: it turns out
you have to go to the /forum_login page to do the automatic login to the forum.
I'll be able to work something out for it, but it'll take a bit longer.
jake4 wrote:
And now that you've added the A=10, B=11, C=12 functionality and are looking at the "minor glitch" that was reported, I hope you'll be able to add "negative guess" functionality as well. We're really going to need that when the {-3...3} puzzles start.

Yes, I'm thinking that'll be something like:
shift + 2: enter 2 as a guess
ctrl + shift + 2: enter -2 as a guess

Posted on: Fri May 25, 2012 9:43 pm

pnm wrote:
jake4 wrote:

Yes, I'm thinking that'll be something like:
shift + 2: enter 2 as a guess
ctrl + shift + 2: enter -2 as a guess

I suppose that makes sense in terms of ease of typing. I was thinking of holding down shift while entering 2 then -.

Posted on: Fri May 25, 2012 10:04 pm

jake4 wrote:
I suppose that makes sense in terms of ease of typing. I was thinking of holding down shift while entering 2 then -.

Also possible, yes.

Posted on: Sat May 26, 2012 12:10 am

sneaklyfox wrote:
mparisi wrote:
Here are a few things that I've noticed:

1. When you reach your bonus puzzle target submitting your puzzle dialog box tells you so; however if you do another daily puzzle without doing the current bonus puzzle it goes back to saying "You are xx points away from your next bonus puzzle!" even though a current bonus puzzle is available.

I like the way it's set up now because sometimes I wait to do the bonus puzzle and I would like to know how many before the next bonus puzzle and I lose my chance to do the current one.

I don't have a problem with the text telling you how far away you are from the next bonus puzzle, I'm just looking for an indication of whether you have a bonus puzzle you can do right now, and currently the text is the same in either case.
sneaklyfox wrote:
mparisi wrote:
3. On the timed puzzle selector page you have to click on the size selector before you click on the go button. How about either making the 4x4, 5x5, and 6x6 selectors buttons that go directly to the puzzle. Alternatively start out with the 4x4 size highlighted, and when you've done all three highlight the 5x5 size, etc.

I think it's better to highlight and then click go. I mean, just in case someone accidentally hits the wrong size and gets a 5x5 when they were expecting a 4x4. Yes, would prefer 4x4 highlighted first, but this is personal preference. It would be interesting to find out if more people start with a 4x4 or a 6x6 (or 5x5?)

I just find it annoying to have to do the extra mouse click, and doubly annoying when 6x6 stays highlighted even if you've done all your 6x6 puzzles for the day.

I tend to do the 4x4's first, then 5x5's then 6x6's, although if I think I might not have time to do three of each I'll do one of each first so that I've got the best chance of getting my one point for each size.

Posted on: Sat May 26, 2012 12:22 am

mparisi wrote:
I don't have a problem with the text telling you how far away you are from the next bonus puzzle, I'm just looking for an indication of whether you have a bonus puzzle you can do right now, and currently the text is the same in either case.

Right, there could be an extra line saying whether you've solved your current puzzle or not.
mparisi wrote:
I just find it annoying to have to do the extra mouse click, and doubly annoying when 6x6 stays highlighted even if you've done all your 6x6 puzzles for the day.

Yes, I realized that could be improved quite a while ago (when I redid that little menu in fact),
I've just been lazy about changing it [sleep]
It'll happen though.

Posted on: Sat May 26, 2012 10:12 am

mparisi wrote:

That should be working now.

Reply to topic   [ 211 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next