View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:23 am

← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Weird numbers in message 

Posted on: Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:49 pm

Post Weird numbers in message
Ok, the actual numbers (how many points I got and how many points to next bonus) are correct, but the message was totally off. This is the message I got after completing an extra puzzle:

"9 points have been added to your total.

You are 44230 points away from your next bonus puzzle!"

I've seen the bonus target in place of where it should say (current points - bonus target), but I have no idea how the 9 points part got there. I don't even think there are any puzzles that can get you 9 points. Are there?

Posted on: Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:19 am

Post Re: Weird numbers in message
:-) :-) I get the bonus point mess up about every second entry.....the total flips back and forth from my total points to my actual points needed for my next bonus puzzle.....but I've never got a 9!!!

Posted on: Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:50 am

beaker wrote:
:-) :-) I get the bonus point mess up about every second entry.....the total flips back and forth from my total points to my actual points needed for my next bonus puzzle.....but I've never got a 9!!!

Yeah, I get the bonus point thing off and on too. And yes, the 9 is a great curiosity!!!

Posted on: Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:44 am

Ok, I'm posting this here because it's related to the message I get after submission. After completing the difficult 8x8 today I got this message:

"You've solved this puzzle before though
No points were added to your total."

But I'm pretty sure I hadn't solved it previously. I still got the points for it so that's fine. The message is just incorrect.

Posted on: Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:32 am

I guess it affects timed puzzles too. It didn't tell me how long it took exactly to finish the puzzle. The only message I got was the congratulations and the reminder about 3 puzzles vs 5 puzzles.

Posted on: Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:47 am

sneaklyfox wrote:
Ok, I'm posting this here because it's related to the message I get after submission. After completing the difficult 8x8 today I got this message:

"You've solved this puzzle before though
No points were added to your total."

But I'm pretty sure I hadn't solved it previously. I still got the points for it so that's fine. The message is just incorrect.

DITTO!

Posted on: Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:34 am

sneaklyfox wrote:
Ok, the actual numbers (how many points I got and how many points to next bonus) are correct, but the message was totally off. This is the message I got after completing an extra puzzle:

I've seen the bonus target in place of where it should say (current points - bonus target), but I have no idea how the 9 points part got there. I don't even think there are any puzzles that can get you 9 points. Are there?

I've seen this a few times. Another aspect of it is that on the page itself - not the pop-up - where your total points is normally displayed it says, "YOU HAVE POINTS". While true, this isn't exactly informative. [smile] but maybe it is an additional clue as to what is going on.

Posted on: Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:34 am

sneaklyfox wrote:

I've seen this a few times. Another aspect of it is that on the page itself - not the pop-up - where your total points is normally displayed it says, "YOU HAVE POINTS". While true, this isn't exactly informative. [smile] but maybe it is an additional clue as to what is going on.

Posted on: Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:01 am

jaek wrote:

Yes, that's a clue, thanks :-)

Posted on: Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:54 pm

The problem here is that every time I go to one of the other features of the site, like the Forum, when I return to the puzzle page, I end up back with the screen going green, waiting awhile and then the message of "you have already done this puzzle" and then I can continue with the other puzzles!!!!????

Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next