View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:19 pm

← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page

Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 woohoo 

Posted on: Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:10 am

Post Re: woohoo
jomapil wrote:
beaker wrote:
Great news for all.......now, if only I could get these old fingers to move fast enough to break my 20 second barrier!!! [biggrin]

Don't be sorry for that - It is a test of speed and dexterity not a test of calcudoku ( say 90%/10% ).
What I'd like to know is why we can't activate the " Continuous error checking " and why these puzzles are more weird and harder than the usual! For the expert in timed puzzles this is indifferent but for us with little agility at the fingers this would help a little.

BTW, I solve all the 4x4 in a time greater than 30 seconds. When I break this barrier of 30 seconds I will give a party. But I suppose this situation will never arrive. [sad]

Thank you for this post as I felt I was way too slow.......by the way, I did ask Patrick about the "continuous error checking" on the timed puzzles....but he felt that he wanted a "pure" site with no outside help in solving the puzzles......I know it would help me because on a few occassions I've thought I'd beaten the 20 sec only to find the clock continuing and realizing I had input 1 wrong number......due to the lack of typing skills!!!

Posted on: Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:42 am

beaker wrote:
jomapil wrote:
beaker wrote:
Great news for all.......now, if only I could get these old fingers to move fast enough to break my 20 second barrier!!! [biggrin]

Don't be sorry for that - It is a test of speed and dexterity not a test of calcudoku ( say 90%/10% ).
What I'd like to know is why we can't activate the " Continuous error checking " and why these puzzles are more weird and harder than the usual! For the expert in timed puzzles this is indifferent but for us with little agility at the fingers this would help a little.

BTW, I solve all the 4x4 in a time greater than 30 seconds. When I break this barrier of 30 seconds I will give a party. But I suppose this situation will never arrive. [sad]

Thank you for this post as I felt I was way too slow.......by the way, I did ask Patrick about the "continuous error checking" on the timed puzzles....but he felt that he wanted a "pure" site with no outside help in solving the puzzles......I know it would help me because on a few occassions I've thought I'd beaten the 20 sec only to find the clock continuing and realizing I had input 1 wrong number......due to the lack of typing skills!!!

Actually, typing in the wrong number happens to me more often than it should too. Sometimes it's finger error. Sometimes it's eye error. What I mean by "eye error" is that you have a single cell cage with the number "6" and sometimes I thought it was a "5". Those errors usually cost me the most time because I assume I have a logic error before a viewing error.

Posted on: Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:37 am

WOOHOO [biggrin] [biggrin] 19.578 sec......I know this is no big deal forost of the users but today I finally broke my 20 sec barrier [thumbsup]

What is happening today??? Just broke my 60 sec barrier for the 5x5 with a time of 56.422.....I mean most of you could probably do 5 or 6 5x5's in this time
but these 2 times are a real mile stone for me......Patrick how many of the 4x4's and 5x5's have I done before reaching this milestone........Ken

Last edited by beaker on Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted on: Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:42 am

Congrats! [thumbsup]

Posted on: Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:55 pm

beaker wrote:
Patrick how many of the 4x4's and 5x5's have I done before reaching this milestone........Ken

This info should be available on the timed rankings page:
http://www.calcudoku.org/ops/timed_rankings/en/world/4

Look for "Number solved by you:"

And congratulations with breaking the 20 second barrier :-)

Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3