View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:52 pm

← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Waiting for ajax.googleapis.com... 

Posted on: Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:54 am

Post Waiting for ajax.googleapis.com...
Right now login to calcudoku.org is extremely sluggish and so is opening a puzzle other than the one you just solved. The status bar of my browser (Firefox 21) says "Waiting for ajax.googleapis.com..." When the new puzzle has finally opened, I wait in vain for the upper left cell to turn orange so I can start solving. The rating and "last [solved] by" to the left of the puzzle and the "news ticker" at the bottom of the page showing the last 20 solved puzzles don't appear either.

By contrast, all forum pages load immediately, and navigation between them is as smooth as always, suggesting that the forum isn't dependent on ajax.googleapis.com [tongue]

Posted on: Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:22 am

Post Re: Waiting for ajax.googleapis.com...
Everything works smoothly again now. Even google.com (my home page in Firefox) loaded more slowly than usual while the problem lasted (Google logo didn't appear) but is now also back to normal. Probably a problem with Google's servers, then.

Posted on: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:22 am

bram wrote:
Everything works smoothly again now. Even google.com (my home page in Firefox) loaded more slowly than usual while the problem lasted (Google logo didn't appear) but is now also back to normal. Probably a problem with Google's servers, then.

Yes, definitely.

Thanks for reporting though: I recently put in some code that _should_ load
a particular library from my server if it can't get the one from google for whatever
reason (e.g. if the NSA is using too much bandwidth again [omg] )

So apparently this "fallback" solution didn't work (yet)

Posted on: Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:24 pm

bram wrote:
Right now login to calcudoku.org is extremely sluggish and so is opening a puzzle other than the one you just solved. The status bar of my browser (Firefox 21) says "Waiting for ajax.googleapis.com..." When the new puzzle has finally opened, I wait in vain for the upper left cell to turn orange

Fallback solution now properly tested and working, so even when Google is off-line
you can do your puzzles [love]

Posted on: Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:49 am

pnm wrote:
Fallback solution now properly tested and working, so even when Google is off-line
you can do your puzzles [love]

Dang! I'll never get a chance to kick the habit, then :-)

Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]