View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:15 pm

← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 headings on each page 

Posted on: Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:00 am

Post headings on each page
Patrick: I was solving puzzles and then tried to use the "pencil" and the headings at the top of puzzle (ie: rating and last solved by) became vertical and forced puzzle down the page instead of staying horizontal above the puzzle....can you fix this please.

Site Admin

Posted on: Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:24 am

Post Re: headings on each page
beaker wrote:
Patrick: I was solving puzzles and then tried to use the "pencil" and the headings at the top of puzzle (ie: rating and last solved by) became vertical and forced puzzle down the page instead of staying horizontal above the puzzle....can you fix this please.

hi beaker,

sorry for the late reply on this one: did this happen on a PC?
Do you remember what was the size of the puzzle?

thanks,

Patrick

Posted on: Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:21 am

Yes it did occur on my PC and once the first puzzle changed then all subsequent puzzles changed also......problem became a "problem" when I tried to print some of them off........because so much space had been used at the top of the page, I had to reduce the size of the puzzle which made the cells of the 12x12really small......however the next day everything was back to normal
This is what the top of page looked like: the numerical value of difficulty was given
then the x's: x
x
x
x
But, I guess I won' have to worry about this because as I said it was OK the next day and also I will be using my I-pad for the next 3 weeks as we are in Maui for my son's wedding on the 30th.......hence I will probably only average about 20 points/day and keep my consecutive days in tact. .........mahalo Patrick............1/2 of Kenken

PS: Season's Greetings to you and the rest of the puzzlers and have a Great New Year!!! [smile]

Posted on: Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:08 am

beaker wrote:
But, I guess I won' have to worry about this because as I said it was OK the next day

_maybe_ part of the page (e.g. some layouting info) wasn't loaded because of a network problem.

In cases like this it may help to do a Shift + reload: press Shift + Ctrl + R

Also I see you use Internet Exploder 8: probably better to use Firefox or Chrome (IE9 and 10 should be ok).

beaker wrote:
PS: Season's Greetings to you and the rest of the puzzlers and have a Great New Year!!! [smile]

Happy holidays to you too [thumbup]

Posted on: Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:17 pm

beaker wrote:
... as we are in Maui for my son's wedding on the 30th.......hence I will probably only average about 20 points/day and keep my consecutive days in tact. .........mahalo Patrick............1/2 of Kenken

Congratulations for your son's wedding in that wonderful place ...

And thank you for your Greetings ... I would like to add my own Christmas Greetings to you and all puzzlers and a Great New Year with many many new Calcudokus solved !!!.

Btw, from a Calcudoku point of view, 2013 (almost the past) broken into prime factors produces 3 x 11 x 61 while 2014 has this other "strange" operators: 2014 = 2 x 19 x 53 ... perhaps in a remote future people will play with 61x61 puzzles :-) :-) and deal with 3-cell cages like "47-" for the first case and "74+" in the second case ... and perhaps there will be sheldolinas's able to do 61x61 timed puzzles in less than one minute :-) :-) !!!.

Posted on: Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:50 pm

hey beaker!
great to hear you will be in wonderful Maui for a very special event, congratulations

and also to you and clm and all puzzlers, a very merry christmas and happy new year, peace love and happiness to all

now as to those 61x61's
he was kidding patrick
(i hope)

Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]