View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:53 am

← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 bonus puzzle availability 

Posted on: Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:42 am

Post bonus puzzle availability
After finishing yesterday's puzzles I was one point shy of a new bonus puzzle. The points awarded for timed puzzles means that I see the message, "You have 49544 Points (0 today) - Bonus puzzle target: 49538" But going to the bonus puzzle shows me the one already completed. I realize the simple solution is to complete a regular puzzle and the next one will be unlocked, but you might add this to the bottom of the list of enhancements.

Posted on: Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:14 pm

Post Re: bonus puzzle availability
jaek wrote:
After finishing yesterday's puzzles I was one point shy of a new bonus puzzle. The points awarded for timed puzzles means that I see the message, "You have 49544 Points (0 today) - Bonus puzzle target: 49538" But going to the bonus puzzle shows me the one already completed. I realize the simple solution is to complete a regular puzzle and the next one will be unlocked, but you might add this to the bottom of the list of enhancements.

Yes, I should fix this one, it happens every once in a while
and tends to generate e-mails / posts, etc... [glare]

Edit: would you believe it, this has finally been fixed :-)

Posted on: Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:19 pm

It happened to me sometime in December too. I "relogged" and all was OK. [smile]

Posted on: Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:57 am

pnm wrote:

Edit: would you believe it, this has finally been fixed :-)

But, after this fixing, it seems that the yesterday's 01/11/2014 timed points are not shown in the history and not added to the accounts :-) :-).

Posted on: Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:40 pm

clm wrote:
But, after this fixing, it seems that the yesterday's 01/11/2014 timed points are not shown in the history and not added to the accounts :-) :-).

Oops. Correcting the thing with an easy workaround that it took me three years to notice caused a second problem instantly affecting many, many users. Sorry about that.

Posted on: Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:47 pm

jaek wrote:
Oops. Correcting the thing with an easy workaround that it took me three years to notice caused a second problem instantly affecting many, many users. Sorry about that.

Don't worry.

The programming error that I introduced with the fix was too embarrassing for words [blush]

(and yes, I did test of course, but only on a local copy of the site where I was the single user
to do a timed puzzle "yesterday", and the error occurs as soon as there are two or more [cursing] )

Points should be there now.

Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]