View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:53 pm

← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page

Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 New Banner? 

Posted on: Fri Mar 20, 2015 3:27 am

Post Re: New Banner?
But hovering just adds another step to what used to be displayed all the time......why hide it......no one else can see it.....only you!!

Change for change sake does really make sense......change to create something better is something to which I would agree.....but where is the advantage in this new format ?????

Posted on: Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:26 am

eclipsegirl wrote:
I need to hover. I know it was written above, but I want to claim that I am on vacation as my excuse. [razz]

Well, it's not obvious. I'm planning to add some more visual hints to show those are menus.

And probably a little treasure chest icon that shows up if you have a new bonus puzzle available.

Posted on: Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:55 pm

I like the new design, but it currently has the very minor problem that when you're logged in and click the calendar icon, which makes the calendar appear at the very top of the page, the << and >> buttons to the left and the right of "March, 2015" can't be used because when you try to click them the "Welcome, [username]!" and "[number of] points" menus will pop up instead. There's a workaround, however: If you click "March, 2015" (which is not obscured by either menu), the title changes to "2015" and the calendar displays a list of months so you can choose if you want the current or last month displayed.

Posted on: Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:56 pm

beaker wrote:
But hovering just adds another step to what used to be displayed all the time......why hide it......no one else can see it.....only you!!

Change for change sake does really make sense......change to create something better is something to which I would agree.....but where is the advantage in this new format ?????

Another vote for showing whether you have a bonus puzzle and how many points you've scored today without having to hover.

Posted on: Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:08 pm

bram wrote:
I like the new design, but it currently has the very minor problem that when you're logged in and click the calendar icon, which makes the calendar appear at the very top of the page, the << and >> buttons to the left and the right of "March, 2015" can't be used because when you try to click them the "Welcome, [username]!" and "[number of] points" menus will pop up instead. There's a workaround, however: If you click "March, 2015" (which is not obscured by either menu), the title changes to "2015" and the calendar displays a list of months so you can choose if you want the current or last month displayed.

Ah, glitches like that are inevitable I suppose..

Another workaround is to scroll down a bit before you bring up the calendar.

I'll see if I can force it down somehow.

Edit: this should have been fixed now.

Patrick

Posted on: Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:32 pm

Both workarounds work but one still has to apply one of them. Haven't yet formed an opinion as to how much or little I like the new design.

Posted on: Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:49 pm

sjs34 wrote:
Both workarounds work but one still has to apply one of them.

What do you mean by "one still has to apply one of them" ?

Posted on: Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:05 pm

Either clicking March as bram suggested or scrolling down as you suggested.

Posted on: Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:07 pm

sjs34 wrote:

Misunderstanding here I think: it's been fixed (so no scrolling down or clicking the month required)

Posted on: Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:13 pm

pnm wrote:
sjs34 wrote:

Misunderstanding here I think: it's been fixed (so no scrolling down or clicking the month required)

I'm on a PC using Chrome and it still appears too high.

Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next