View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:15 am

← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 puzzle code / puzzles for points information 

Posted on: Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:49 pm

Post puzzle code / puzzles for points information
This information about the puzzle codes should be a lot more prominently displayed, both in the book pdf's (in the introductions, perhaps) and also on the site. I only found this information (about puzzle codes only for puzzles near the back) by using the forum search utility and thumbing through a bunch of pages.

Posted on: Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:09 am

Post Re: new book!
ttrimble wrote:
This information about the puzzle codes should be a lot more prominently displayed, both in the book pdf's (in the introductions, perhaps) and also on the site. I only found this information (about puzzle codes only for puzzles near the back) by using the forum search utility and thumbing through a bunch of pages.

[confused] I'm a bit confused here, this is a reply to a ~ 4 year old post about
a book that is no longer avaiable (?)

For the books that are available, the information about the puzzles for points & codes is mentioned
in the introduction, in the postscript, and often also on the back, as well as on the online books page.
Where else should it appear?

Patrick

Posted on: Mon Apr 27, 2015 2:54 am

Dear me. Please accept my apologies: I have no excuse for missing the mention in the introduction to one of those books.

Just to clarify, I am a new subscriber and had gotten access to two books, dated from 2012, with my subscription. The one that does have codes for some of the puzzles is 201 Tricky Puzzles, Extra. Are solutions to the last 41 puzzles still being accepted as worth 12 points a piece? That, together with 102 Large Puzzles, Extra is apparently what I got with my subscription; there was no mention of codes in the latter book in the introduction, so I suppose no solutions to puzzles listed there were ever counted on the site. Are these the books you meant where you said they were no longer available?

Possibly the book puzzles currently being accepted for more points these days pertain to the three books currently displayed on the Books page. Unless I am confused again, I assume are those do not come for free even for those with paid subscriptions?

Posted on: Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:05 am

I'll take another look at the introduction of both books that come with the subscription, to make sure
both mention clearly that you can submit solutions for points.
Edit: the introduction to both books has now been updated (the "102 Large Puzzles, Extra" indeed
did not mention the puzzles-for-points info).

Also, there's been more confusion about the two older books "102 Large Puzzles" and "201 Tricky Puzzles"
(which are no longer available), and the "102 Large Puzzles, Extra" and "201 Tricky Puzzles, Extra", which
come with the subscription. In hindsight, I should have given these books different names... [glare]

(check out this recent thread: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=682)

To top it all off, the pictures on the books page are outdated [blink] , I'll fix that..

I should also move these posts to a separate thread, and probably remove the original thread altogether
(or at least the links, because they don't work anymore).

best,

Patrick

Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]