View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:43 pm

← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Non-subscriber timed 8*8 

Posted on: Wed Feb 22, 2017 5:46 pm

Post Non-subscriber timed 8*8
I always like the timed puzzles, but I pity that I can’t do the timed 8*8 puzzles, since I’m not a subscriber. Non-subscribers also get few points a week than subscribers, since they only get points for three classes and subscribers four. Perhaps non-subscribers could do 1 timed 8*8 a day and subscribers two?

Posted on: Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:05 pm

Post Re: Non-subscriber timed 8*8
rafaelhoukes wrote:
I always like the timed puzzles, but I pity that I can’t do the timed 8*8 puzzles, since I’m not a subscriber. Non-subscribers also get few points a week than subscribers, since they only get points for three classes and subscribers four. Perhaps non-subscribers could do 1 timed 8*8 a day and subscribers two?

I felt the same way and then I became a subscriber. I enjoy having the extra puzzles to do, but find that it takes up a lot of time because I'm also trying to do two book puzzles each day.

When you consider how much "fun" (aka torture) the site provides, the annual sub is very reasonably priced and I suggest you give it a try. Unless you're concerned that it will lead to you spending too much time solving puzzles each day?

Posted on: Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:02 pm

I am in complete agreement with Paul.

Posted on: Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:05 am

As you already stated, I have only 30 minutes a day to solve puzzles, since I also have to do homework (I am fifteen years old).
If I would become a subscriber, I wouldn't have the time to do the subscriber puzzles.

Posted on: Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:36 am

Hi Rafael,

I admire your discipline at not getting sucked into puzzling and doing your school work.

This is Patrick's call. My conjecture is that just like there are special perks for subscribers in the regular puzzles, he wanted to do the same for subscribers when it came to timed puzzles. Giving non subscribers a timed 8 x 8 takes away that perk. It also may make the getting points on the 8 x 8 even more challenging. Occassionally, I can get an extra point because I am in the top ten times of the 8 x 8 puzzle. But if all the subscribers have two chances, I have a feeling I would never get into the top ten.

Posted on: Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:24 pm

I understand it.

Posted on: Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:37 pm

rafaelhoukes wrote:
As you already stated, I have only 30 minutes a day to solve puzzles, since I also have to do homework (I am fifteen years old).
If I would become a subscriber, I wouldn't have the time to do the subscriber puzzles.

Exactly, stay in school [tongue]

But yes, the idea is that there are some perks to being a subscriber..

And it's getting cheaper over time (!) (because the fee hasn't changed since the beginning,
almost 5 years ago, and there's some inflation [blink] )

Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]