View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:46 pm

← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Timed 8x8 solution not accepted 

Posted on: Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:01 am

Post Timed 8x8 solution not accepted
I rushed home tonight in order to complete today's 8x8 timed and finished it with about 5 minutes to spare. But it wouldn't accept the solution. So I checked it carefully and all the rows and columns had only one of each number and all the cages were correct. I then checked my internet connection, which seemed to be OK, so I tried again to submit the solution. I then got a message saying that I had already submitted a solution, but no time showed up. ARGGHHH!!! [cursing] [cursing] [cursing]

Posted on: Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:24 am

Post Re: Timed 8x8 solution not accepted
I have something different happen to me twice.

The 8 x 8 puzzle didn't load properly. I refreshed. DO NOT do that.

If you refresh the screen, you get credit for doing the problem but no time is entered. I do not know if that happened to you.

If you contact Patrick with enough time left, he can clean up the situation and you can do a new 8 x 8.

Posted on: Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:15 am

Thanks eclipsegirl. I guess that was my mistake - I shouldn't have refreshed the screen. But I'm absolutely sure my solution was correct. I'm just sorry I didn't take a screenshot to prove it.

The problem tonight was I got an urgent phone call before I went out to play bridge and I didn't have time to attempt the 8x8. Then I got home with just under 20 minutes to go and by the time I got on the website and did the puzzle, it was about 15 minutes to go. So I had no time to contact Patrick when things went sideways.

Posted on: Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:38 am

paulv66 wrote:
Thanks eclipsegirl. I guess that was my mistake - I shouldn't have refreshed the screen. But I'm absolutely sure my solution was correct. I'm just sorry I didn't take a screenshot to prove it.

Yes, if the solution never was even sent to the server because it didn't "turn green",
then there's no way for me to check, unfortunately..

The only thing I can recover from the logs is which puzzle it was.

Patrick

Posted on: Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:50 am

Thanks Patrick. I'm sure the problem was at this end. I'm 99.9% sure the solution was correct, but I guess I'll never know for certain as I didn't take a screen print.

I did the puzzle on my PC and I have an intermittent problem with losing my internet connection on my PC. When this happens, it usually resolves the problem if I quit out of the network and then reconnect. I did this last night and expected that this would cause the puzzle to turn green. When this didn't happen, I refreshed the page, which caused me to get the message saying I had already done one puzzle.

I guess the correct thing to do would have been to change one of the cells and then change it back. If I ever find myself in this situation again, that's what I'll do. I've had a busy few days, with less time than usual to devote to puzzles, hence the last minute nature of last night's effort.

Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]