View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:42 pm

← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Kicked out again! 

Posted on: Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:48 am

Post Kicked out again!
I had a busy day yesterday and left a couple of puzzles unfinished for the first time in ages. I went to do the timed puzzles just before midnight CET and when I clicked on the 8x8, I was asked to wait while puzzles were being added for the day. So I resigned myself to the fact that I would miss out on the point I would get for completing yesterday's puzzle. But I now find that it's saying that I've already attempted today's 8x8 and won't let me do another one. [cursing]

Posted on: Sun Mar 18, 2018 11:55 am

Post Re: Kicked out again!
paulv66 wrote:
But I now find that it's saying that I've already attempted today's 8x8 and won't let me do another one. [cursing]

You must have started it just after midnight, I'll clear the entry.

Don't cut it so close next time.. [namaste]

Posted on: Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:16 pm

Thanks Patrick. Much appreciated.

I definitely cut it too fine, but we Irish tend to get a bit distracted on St Patrick's Day!

Posted on: Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:33 pm

I always thought your calcudoku flag was Italian. Now I see that it is orange, not red.

Posted on: Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:24 pm

Was doing the 8x8 today when my iPad froze on me (after 48 seconds). Eventually, it came back on after 1:33, but immediately kicked me out to today's easy 4x4. I don't know if this is a problem with my iPad or with the website, but either way, it's very frustrating! [cursing]

Posted on: Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:53 pm

It's happened again today! Except this time, instead of freezing, I was kicked straight into the easy 4x4 when I selected the 8x8 timed. Then when I went back into timed puzzles, it told me I had already done an 8x8.

Am I the only person this ever happens to? [confused]

Paul

Posted on: Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:29 am

I sometimes get a blank screen and when I try again the blank screen has been counted as a done puzzle.

Posted on: Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:12 am

Same problem [thumbdn] I had the imprudence to start an 8×8 timed puzzle when it was a few seconds to midnight, but instead of loading the puzzle it started recomputing totals, and now today's 8×8 is grayed out, even though I didn't even start solving it. If I did, my nickname would show up in the rankings, right? [confused]

Profile WWW

Posted on: Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:12 am

ambidexter wrote:
Same problem [thumbdn] I had the imprudence to start an 8×8 timed puzzle when it was a few seconds to midnight, but instead of loading the puzzle it started recomputing totals, and now today's 8×8 is grayed out, even though I didn't even start solving it. If I did, my nickname would show up in the rankings, right? [confused]

I think I need to add a special case for puzzles that are started on one day,
and finished on the other, will keep you posted..

edit: I'm not seeing anything off in the code for these situations. The request for the timed 8x8 arrived at 12 seconds past midnight,
so it was counted as today's 8x8 (I've cleared it now, so you can try again :-) )

This does mean I should catch the case where someone starts a timed puzzle while totals are being recomputed,
and not register the entry (so thanks for reporting).

edit 2: this should be fixed now [tongue]

Patrick

Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]