View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:47 pm

← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Has the difficulty level of Friday's killer been increased? 

Posted on: Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:10 pm

Post Re: Has the difficulty level of Friday's killer been increas
Way to go and I quit after 30 minutes after going nowhere [sad] !!!

I am assuming that there is "guessing" involved in this puzzle as I can see no logical pathway(s) to follow.

Eclipsegirl: you said 30 minutes which gave me a "little"incentive to try it again and wouldn't you know it ........ It took me a little over 43 minutes.......not sure how I did it as there was much (for me) guessing involved but IT'S DONE [biggrin]

With renewed confidence I am now ready to do the harder killer book puzzles.....thank you, eclipsegirl......ps: I noticed the big number you posted for the extras.....congrats

Posted on: Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:01 pm

I was on vacation for a while.
I do not do the extras while on vacation. I was good during the time I was. I got all the puzzles done except for one on the day I returned home.

I am glad you got the puzzle. I was able to logic it all out. I did not need to guess. [tongue]

I did the first book of KS a few years ago. I think it does help to do them for practice. I am slowly working my way through the remaing book puzzles - some of Adv 3, most of Adv 2 and the second of the KS books. Some day I'll get there. Hopefully before Patrick publishes a new book. [scared] Still want him to somehow publish the Malaysian technical school book for us. I think he would avoid the work of a new Adv book.

Posted on: Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:45 pm

Yes, for a change, I found this one not at all hard!

Posted on: Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:44 am

It took me a little over an hour but I thought it was harder than last week’s. I was looking at it for about half an hour straight before seeing the logical jump that cracked it.

Posted on: Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:57 am

That was my strategy the 3rd time I tried it......looking at it without jumping right in should have been obvious to me as it was going to be difficult but after deciding where a 6 and 9 had to go on the RHS of the puzzle but after doing some adding I found the 6and 9 had to be switched and then the numbers fell slowly(for me) into place.

I used to do these on paper but I found today that doing it on the computer has quite a benefit......too bad there is not a 9x9 grid available on this site on which to do the difficult book puzzles (and for the negative numbered puzzles......could not imagine trying to solve a -3 to 0 to +3 on paper!)

Posted on: Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:56 am

beaker wrote:
too bad there is not a 9x9 grid available on this site on which to do the difficult book puzzles (and for the negative numbered puzzles......could not imagine trying to solve a -3 to 0 to +3 on paper!)

That's actually an interesting an idea: to have the option of solving the book puzzles online
(I'm thinking this has come up before (?)).

Also the Malaysian book should go online, eclipsegirl is right in saying that would take relatively little effort.

Maybe doable over Easter [lol]

edit: I fixed up the "Malaysian book" a bit and put it up for purchase at:
http://www.calcudoku.org/ops/buybook/en

[drool]

Posted on: Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:58 pm

I'm glad to see that the puzzles which get points do not have answers in the back!

Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2