View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:30 pm

← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Access to timed puzzles 

Posted on: Thu May 17, 2018 9:53 pm

Post Access to timed puzzles
I have been experiencing problems (the last two days) when accessing the timed puzzles, I could not sent any (4x4, 5x5, 6x6 and 8x8). After the first attempt it makes impossible either to go "back" or loading another new page for a while. This is happening with Chrome, IE or Android (either from a tablet or a smart phone). I have restarted the browsers and the wifi router but the problem continues (in fact, in the case of the smart phone, I have tried not using the wifi connection and using instead the data link of the mobile telephone line with same result) [confused] [confused] .

It seems like any attempt (4x4, 5x5, ... ) "blocks" the access for some time (like if the pool of timed puzzles is exhausted for all categories, ... ). It's the first time I experience this kind of problem (it's different than when the access is very slow due to wifi problems, computer overload, etc., this time simply it is absolutely impossible to access them).

Posted on: Fri May 18, 2018 9:12 am

Post Re: Access to timed puzzles
I was looking at network problems and such, then suddenly something dawned on me...:

there are about 10,000 timed puzzles in each "pool", and you've exhausted all 4x4 ones... [scared]

5x5 and 6x6 you still have some left, and 8x8 a bit more,
but maybe the ordering matters (so if you start with a 4x4, the code gets "stuck" maybe).

I'll increase the size of the pools, and can also add points for missed timed puzzles for the 16th and 17th if you want.

Patrick

Posted on: Fri May 18, 2018 11:41 am

pnm wrote:
I was looking at network problems and such, then suddenly something dawned on me...:

there are about 10,000 timed puzzles in each "pool", and you've exhausted all 4x4 ones... [scared]

but maybe the ordering matters (so if you start with a 4x4, the code gets "stuck" maybe).

I'll increase the size of the pools, and can also add points for missed timed puzzles for the 16th and 17th if you want.

Patrick

Thank you, it is working well now (tested 4x4 and 5x5 from the smart phone). Yes, I would appreciate if you add those 8 points (I usually do all possible attempts in order to improve my usual bad times), in this case I have spent a little more time "investigating" the problem than solving them :-) :-).

Posted on: Fri May 18, 2018 12:12 pm

clm wrote:
Thank you, it is working well now (tested 4x4 and 5x5 from the smart phone). Yes, I would appreciate if you add those 8 points (I usually do all possible attempts in order to improve my usual bad times), in this case I have spent a little more time "investigating" the problem than solving them :-) :-).

I see that the 8x8 on the 15th was also missing, I added that one as well.

Posted on: Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:28 pm

pnm wrote:

Patrick

I am experiencing again the same problems (the last two days), this time with the 5x5 timed puzzle (the 4x4's, 6x6's and 8x8's timed load correctly). As soon as I try the 5x5 timed simply the page does not load, but not only this, the fact is that it is impossible to open a new window or to access the page either from a smart phone, from a tablet, from the PC, ... , and using any browser (Chrome or IE10). I must wait a long time (maybe the 18 min timer?) until it "resets", in order to access the page (i.e., to report the situation in the Forum :-)).

It seems then that the "pool" is exhausted again (I think I will be needing 100,000 instead of 10,000 :-) :-)) . But a I have a question: Why?, when this situation arises apparently it would be easier simply to show an alarm, for instance: "5x5 timed pool exhausted" but not avoiding the possibility of continuing playing with other puzzles or simply opening the page, etc..

Posted on: Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:02 am

clm wrote:
It seems then that the "pool" is exhausted again (I think I will be needing 100,000 instead of 10,000 :-) :-)) . But a I have a question: Why?, when this situation arises apparently it would be easier simply to show an alarm, for instance: "5x5 timed pool exhausted" but not avoiding the possibility of continuing playing with other puzzles or simply opening the page, etc..

You're right, that's strange.

I think I updated all pools, but apparently not the 5x5
(I see I wrote "you still have some left", so maybe I thought I'd enlarge those later, and forgot [blush] )

Of course another 10,000 puzzles is enough for another ~ 3,333 days [wink]

Patrick

edit: you should be able to do the 5x5 timed puzzles again now, let me know.

Posted on: Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:52 pm

pnm wrote:
clm wrote:

You're right, that's strange.

I think I updated all pools, but apparently not the 5x5
(I see I wrote "you still have some left", so maybe I thought I'd enlarge those later, and forgot [blush] )

Of course another 10,000 puzzles is enough for another ~ 3,333 days [wink]

Patrick

edit: you should be able to do the 5x5 timed puzzles again now, let me know.

Thanks, Patrick, it works fine now.

Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]