View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:11 pm

← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page

Reply to topic  [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 what should volume IV have? 

Posted on: Sat May 26, 2018 1:50 pm

Post Re: what should volume IV have?
It should work, I think... I tried solving it, found one solution. Hopefully it does work though... If puzzle 1 has 48 solutions, maybe try superimposing them on puzzle 2? I designed the puzzles to be ambiguous so that you needed both to solve, although it might have gone a bit awry, apparently.

Posted on: Sat May 26, 2018 2:06 pm

marblevolcano wrote:
It should work, I think... I tried solving it, found one solution. Hopefully it does work though... If puzzle 1 has 48 solutions, maybe try superimposing them on puzzle 2? I designed the puzzles to be ambiguous so that you needed both to solve, although it might have gone a bit awry, apparently.

We can continue this via email: can you send me your single solution?

For now my twin solver finds 4754 solutions in total (for the pair), I'll double-check this.

edit: for the 2nd puzzle only it seems.

Posted on: Sat May 26, 2018 2:23 pm

pnm wrote:
paulv66 wrote:
pnm wrote:
The next user puzzle will be another one by kus_theo, on Saturday.

Just wondering what happened regarding the new user created puzzle.

?

It was published (on the 19th).

Sorry, I got my wires crossed and thought your email was after the puzzle was published, so I was expecting a second one.

Posted on: Sat May 26, 2018 2:35 pm

paulv66 wrote:
Sorry, I got my wires crossed and thought your email was after the puzzle was published, so I was expecting a second one.

No problem.

kus_theo did send me another puzzle, but the plan is to publish that one after marblevolcano's twin

Posted on: Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:51 pm

Just wondering if there's any news regarding Volume IV? I'm running out of book puzzles and I'm hoping to avoid withdrawal symptoms! [scared]

Posted on: Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:43 pm

paulv66 wrote:
Just wondering if there's any news regarding Volume IV? I'm running out of book puzzles and I'm hoping to avoid withdrawal symptoms! [scared]

[scared]

haven't had time to work on it I'm afraid... [mellow]

Posted on: Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:52 pm

pnm wrote:
paulv66 wrote:

[scared]

haven't had time to work on it I'm afraid... [mellow]

I finally managed to complete all the book puzzles and I am now one of nine people who have completed them all.

No rush with publishing Volume IV Patrick. A few weeks break won't do me any harm.

Posted on: Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:29 pm

paulv66 wrote:

I finally managed to complete all the book puzzles and I am now one of nine people who have completed them all.

No rush with publishing Volume IV Patrick. A few weeks break won't do me any harm.

Congrats, Paul

You are the member who has attained this achievement in the shortest time, though bejk (from germany) could take that title away from you.

[thumbsup]

Posted on: Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:00 am

eclipsegirl wrote:
paulv66 wrote:

Congrats, Paul

You are the member who has attained this achievement in the shortest time, though bejk (from germany) could take that title away from you.

[thumbsup]

Thanks E-girl

It took me a few months longer than anticipated. I posted on January 1st that I hoped to have everything finished by end February or thereabouts, but it took me nearly six months to finish the last 150 or so puzzles (this included the Malaysian book, which was finally published this year and the third year subscription book).

At current rate of progress, you are likely to be the next person to complete all the puzzles. [thumbsup]

Posted on: Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:49 am

I'm close to having a complete set of puzzles, with only the "Variations" chapter still left.

I'm thinking this should have 20 instead of 10 puzzles (probably split into two chapters),
because so much is possible (operators, sizes, twin / pattern / no-op / from zero / negative / combinations... [blink] )

Do people have any suggestions?

Reply to topic   [ 69 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next