View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:35 pm

← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 some Android users willing to test? 

Posted on: Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:19 pm

Post some Android users willing to test?
Hello,

I developed a separate Sudoku app, at the moment for Android only (so Samsung, Google, LG, Sony, etc. etc..).

I'm looking for a handful of people to test the app a bit. If you're interested, can you send me e-mail?
(address is on the main puzzle page)

edit: I just noticed that in order to be a tester, you need a gmail account (probably most people
with an Android phone have such an account, but noting it here just in case).

thanks [thumbsup]

Patrick

Posted on: Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:06 pm

Post Re: some Android users willing to test?
edited:

It should be possible to test the app now by going to this link (on an Android phone / tablet):

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... oku.sudoku

Patrick

Posted on: Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:24 pm

pnm wrote:
edited:

It should be possible to test the app now by going to this link (on an Android phone / tablet):

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... oku.sudoku

Patrick

In my opinion there is an strange "bug" in the App. It occurs when asking for the extra puzzles, for the moment I have experienced this situation with both the medium and the heavy puzzles (in fact I can not obtain new ones for these two categories). When asking for a new extra it appears a puzzle that a have already solved in a previous day, when I solve it again, for instance, then I get the message that the puzzle was already done in some determined previous date, but there is no sense in providing an extra puzzle previously solved.

In these conditions, as I recognize the same puzzle, instead of solving it (loosing unnecessary time), I ask for a new extra and then the App enters an "infinite loop" with no response in a long time. I must close the App and open it again, reproducing the same conditions, that is, asking for a new extra provides the same previous puzzle. [confused] [confused]

Apart of this, the program is very amused (I like the "automatic saving", for instance) though I still consider that a bolding option would be very useful (I apologize for having reached the first positions in the rankings :-) , though there is a small number of puzzlers for the moment).

Posted on: Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:43 am

Thanks for the report [thumbup]

You make a good point, and I'm pretty sure it's because of using the app on different devices (?)
(will check this)

The saved info is saved "locally" (on the device), so if you switch, the new puzzle appears unsolved.
This shouldn't happen of course.

Posted on: Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:32 pm

clm wrote:
In my opinion there is an strange "bug" in the App. It occurs when asking for the extra puzzles, for the moment I have experienced this situation with both the medium and the heavy puzzles (in fact I can not obtain new ones for these two categories).

Figured it out now, it's a typical "clm bug": for testing I created pools of 100 extra puzzles of each level (light, medium, heavy),

You solved all available 100 medium and heavy puzzles... [scared]

I'll start adding new ones...

edit: can you try once or twice more? I'd like to test if this condition
is detected properly before I add new puzzles.

edit 2: thanks for testing, it worked [drool] (I got the appropriate warning about a user having solved all
available extra puzzles of a certain level)

I'll add new ones shortly.

Last edited by pnm on Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted on: Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:41 pm

pnm wrote:
...it's a typical "clm bug"... You solved all available 100 medium and heavy puzzles... [scared]

This was my immediate first thought. It's practically axiomatic; no matter how many puzzles you make, clm will eventually solve them all. [woot]

Posted on: Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:49 pm

jaek wrote:
pnm wrote:
...it's a typical "clm bug"... You solved all available 100 medium and heavy puzzles... [scared]

This was my immediate first thought. It's practically axiomatic; no matter how many puzzles you make, clm will eventually solve them all. [woot]

Hi, jaek, being patient (I like to fight with the difficults, ... ) :-) :-).

Hi, Patrick, I tried again (two new extras in both categories), the problem is solved [thumbsup], now I can access the medium and heavy extra puzzles (however I had to solve again first those previous ones before advancing).

I apologize for exhausting the pools (at least 1000 are necessary ... :-)).
Suppose you are watching in your TV a long film (let's say of 4 hours or more with the commercials, a classic, for instrance, "Spartacus", "Lawrence of Arabia", "Zhivago", ... , simultaneously you can solve with the tablet around 50 mediums :-) :-).

Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]