View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:07 am

← Back to the Calcudoku puzzle page

Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 this is more like it 

Posted on: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:51 pm

Post Re: this is more like it
eclipsegirl wrote:
I got my best time on a 4 x 4 yesterday. It was under 11 secs.

I dont think I will ever get under 6 secs.

Congrats to all you speedsters.

Well done eclipsegirl! [thumbsup] That's way faster than my best time - I've never broken 13 seconds.

Like others, I'm struggling to get bonus points on a regular basis. I think it's partly due to people becoming faster, but also partly due to more people doing the puzzles. For example, 13 of the top 50 in the average of 65%/100 best times rankings for the 8x8 have their average based on fewer than 100 puzzles.

Yesterday's 8x8 results were particularly fast, with 29 people under 6 minutes. [scared] In general, I would expect a time of sub 6 minutes to be in the top 25 and I've often achieved top 25 positions with a much slower time.

Posted on: Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:35 am

Got two sub-30 6x6 solves in three days! Look out nika99 [tongue]

Posted on: Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:05 am

Woop Woop, Finally cracked 4 mins for an 8x8 with a 3:39.399 which got me to #7 for the day & into a top 10 I'm pretty sure for the first time ever. I'll never compete against the real speedsters (Would love to see a handicap system like I've floated a few times over the years to make it an even playing field) but like to have my own personal targets & that was one. Now for a sub 10 4x4. I'd also like to get my 8x8 average 65%/100 down to under 5 mins & maybe about 4:45 ish.

Do any of the other slow oldies like myself set their own targets to beat ?

PS - eclipsegirl - The only Stupid Question is the one never asked :)

Posted on: Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:05 am

I wrote a beautiful reply 24 hrs ago, but somehow it was lost. This is but a poor facsimile. [flapper]

I do have unusual goals. One is to get in timed puzzles:100 4 x 4 puzzles under 15 secs. Not even close to it, but I can strive.

I realize now that I didnt pay attention to the “top ten” list. I notice that sometime more than 10 names were listed but didnt ask why. The first time a name was listed it is in bold (that is where / when they earn the points) but a name can be listed mutiple times. I know more now. Timed puzzles is not my forte.

Posted on: Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:12 am

That sounds like a good plan, I might set something like that after i've set & beat my 65% targets. I love that this site can cater to everyones different reasons for being here. I never used to worry about points for years & have only probs in last year or 2 worried about doing as many puzzles as I can but my main reason is to get different part of my brain working then just working on spreadsheets all day. I'll never get near the speedsters as I just can't type that quick. I'd be lucky to fill out the 16 squares in a 4x4 in the time they do it let alone the right number in each cell LOL so it's good to have your own "stretch goals".

Posted on: Sat May 11, 2019 12:55 am

"great times today" as am sitting in a library (in sunny Parksville, BC) full of kindergaten children all talking at once......"bloody hard" to concentrate or even think in here...time to get outof here [lol]

Reply to topic   [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5